MumErin
New Here - Mother of 3 under 3!
by MumErin
July 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Hi, I'm Erin, I'm a 25 year old mother living in Florida after a recent relocation from the UK. My husband Ben and I have been married for 5 years and together we are parents to Charlie (age 2.5), Ruby (15 months) and Ivy (3 months). We are blessed to have wonderful children all very close in age. 

Having delivered Ivy and her twin sister Emilie 7 weeks early, we spent a lot of time in NICU with our girls. Sadly after a huge battle, we lost Emilie Violet when she was just a week old. Ivy made it home from NICU on Mother's Day which was wonderful. 

More recently our world was turned upside down when Ruby was diagnosed with leukemia on July 2, 2013. It has been a difficult time since then, though we are slowly beginning to accept her diagnosis.

I look forward to talking to you all and possibly finding someone who has a similar life to mine!

- Erin

Replies

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    July 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    Welcome and will be keeping your little one in my prayers if that's ok
  • LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    July 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hello and welcome to the group.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis ((hugs)).

• Imjustinsmommy
    July 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

so sorry for your loss &  recent diagnosis for your daughter. thats so much to deal with. i wish you the best & hope you find many freinds on here to connect with . were here for you , welcome to cafemom!!

• ERMDK
    by ERMDK
    July 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Though I haven't been through a loss like yours, I do have 4 children under 4 (my twins are 3y3m, dd2 is 20 months, and ds2 is almost 3 weeks). Also, my sister was diagnosed with leukemia in June 2011, so I've been through that, too. All you can do is take one day at a time and stay strong!
  • MumErin
    by MumErin
    July 13, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Thank you. Yes, absolutely, that's fine with us

Quoting ditsyjo:

Welcome and will be keeping your little one in my prayers if that's ok

• MumErin
    by MumErin
    July 13, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Thank you

Quoting LuLuRex:

Hello and welcome to the group.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis ((hugs)).

• MumErin
    by MumErin
    July 13, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Thank you very much.

The community here seems lovely so I am sure I will find people I can talk to.

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

so sorry for your loss &  recent diagnosis for your daughter. thats so much to deal with. i wish you the best & hope you find many freinds on here to connect with . were here for you , welcome to cafemom!!

• MumErin
    by MumErin
    July 13, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Thank you.

How do you find having children so close in age? There's 14 months, 26 days between Charlie and Ruby, and 12 months, 3 days between Ruby and Ivy. It has its difficult moments without a doubt, but we manage ok!

How is your sister doing now? Which type of leukemia did she have if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting ERMDK:

Though I haven't been through a loss like yours, I do have 4 children under 4 (my twins are 3y3m, dd2 is 20 months, and ds2 is almost 3 weeks). Also, my sister was diagnosed with leukemia in June 2011, so I've been through that, too. All you can do is take one day at a time and stay strong!

• Ifunanya
    July 13, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    Will be praying for your little girl..my first child is 2y5m and the second is 15mths..our third baby is due next month..so I guess we have something in common..welcome..
  • msmabern
    July 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Ladies I am from another country RSA with its own believes,your kids are so close in age range.my question: how long does it take you to resume sex after giving birth.I tried after 12 weeks but I am labeled a killer

Quoting Ifunanya:

Will be praying for your little girl..my first child is 2y5m and the second is 15mths..our third baby is due next month..so I guess we have something in common..welcome..