The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
shelby_star18
28 weeks
July 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Im 28 weeks and very excited for my little Connor but sometimes I get depressed to a point where I just go lay down and sleep for a long time and I only get up to drink water use the restroom and eat. Any advice?

Replies

• amonkeymom
    July 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Hi, welcome to the group and congrats on your pregnancy!  :)

Have you spoken with your doctor about the depression you've been experiencing?

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    July 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    Have you spoken to you SO about how you feel.
  • PookiePanda
    July 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I get it to from time to time lately and am only 18w. What I do for myself is even though I have absolutely no desire to get out of bed,I make myself do it and get out of the house anyways,even if it's just to go for a walk and by the time I get home I've forgotten how badly I didn't want to leave.. Maybe that'll work for you too,but if it gets any worse you need to tell your S/O and Dr..

• hugss
    by hugss
    July 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Welcome To CafeMom,
    I agree with the others,
    Speak with your doctor & your SO.
    Hugs to you :)

• LancesMom
    July 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Hi! I just love the name Connor! Have you talked to your OB or Doctor about your depression? It's important to let them know whats going on!

• jconney80
    July 14, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    Hi congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you start feeling better. Why are you depressed? Maybe you should talk to someone who can help you work through your feelings. Good luck
  • shelby_star18
    July 16, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    No I have not spoken with my OB but my mother has startex to notice my "sleeping habits" and has tryed to get me to talk to her but I feel if I.say something then theyll put me on some funkey meds that will mess with my little peanut and I dont want that!
  • WifeySlymm
    July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM

ongrats. Talk to your hubby and Dr. about how you are feeling. 

• jobberwocky
    July 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Congrats on your pregancy. You need to talk to your OB about it! Its really important to tell them what is going on.You will also be at a high risk for post partum depression if you are having depression already.  I can understand not wanting to go on meds right now. But maybe some thearpy will help. After you have your little one, there are safe meds you can take and breast feed (if thats what you want to do). 

• Christy866
    July 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    Congrats! There are safe anti depression pills that you can take while pregnant you just need to talk to your OB to figure which one will work best for you. As you know pregnancy is a total emotional roller coaster, depression is normal but it can also be harmful to you and your baby if you don't manage it properly. Good luck!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN