Miss_jessy
Weight lost help
July 12, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Hello I'm a mother of two and as you can see its a little difficult for me to workout.im currently at 195 pounds I'm 5'3 I Ned to loose 30 pounds in a month in half for my wedding please help any advice whats the best diet ???

Replies

• Marimaru
    July 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM

You cannot safely lose that amount of weight in that amount of time.  You can lose a good chunk to start though, by starting healthy diet and exercise.  Workout at home in the living room while the kids are playing if you have to.

• frndlyfn
    July 12, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I agree with PP.   Why is it difficult to be more active and eat healthy with 2 young children?  I would have started preparing way before now for upcoming wedding.  What you can do is watch your sodium intake to prevent additional water weight (too much sodium can hold in water for the body).  Take the children outside and move, move, move.   Do not try to starve yourself either.  Watch your portions through out the day and try to swap things out that are less calories but still good for you and fill you up.

• carolina_gal
    July 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Try the healthy weight loss group. I find lots of support there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1111

• alli1204
    July 12, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    30 lbs in a month and a half is not healthy. There's no magic way to lose weight. Diet and exercise. Good luck!
  • mcginnisc
    July 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Oh honey... 30 lbs in that short amount of time is not healthy, nor is it attainable unless you have well over 100 lbs to lose. The key to weight loss is to eat cleanly ( ie-no processed foods), and workout ( cardio 4-5x per week, strength training 2-3x per week, and flexibility 2-3x per week). 

I know this will sound harsh, but if you really want to lose weight, you will ditch the excuses of " no time because I have 2 kids" and just do it. Most people have to hit rock bottom before they run out of excuses and follow through with what they know they need to do. I can give you the tools, but I cannot force you to eat carrots instead of cookies/chips, nor can I force you to bypass the drive thru, or get up 30 minutes early and go for a walk or do a DVD. 

I would also recommend that you join the Healthy Weight Loss group. It is full of tips, support and encouragement. I am very active in the group and I am getting my Personal Trainer Certifications soon. 

• vvinkyloafer
    July 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    Unless you want to harm your own well-being or amputate a body part, losing 30 pounds in that short of a timeframe isn't really possible. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't start trying to lose it for the long haul, however.

No diet is the best diet, to boot. If you cut out most processed foods, most beverages (aside from water, of course) and make an effort to go outside for a walk or a bike ride 30-60 minutes a day, you'll be there sooner than you know it. Just not in 45 days' time.
  • eve210
    by eve210
    July 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    Its possible but you'd have to be on a STRICT diet and do intense workouts every day. Its not healthy but possible
  • mesfilles
    July 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    Download the myfitnesspal app and start counting calorie. Also exercise everyday, preferably something fun. Depending on how old your kids are start riding bikes with them, swimming, roller blading, tag, kickball, tennis, etc. You wont lose 30 if you do it healthy but you could easily lose 12 - 18 lbs.
  • fitnessfan
    July 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM

hi mom of 2 i run a business  which helps people lose weight i lost 22 pounds in 7 weeks!! and i am a mother of a nearly 1 yr old girl. it is hard losing weight in general if you would like more information please message me :)

Its all about nutrition my business is the no1 company in the world its safe for children as it just doesnt target losing weight it targets overall health. heres a picture of wat i was like n what i look like now just message me for more info :)