The CafeMom Newcomers Club

littlesheep
How Long Could You Wait?
July 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Every pregnancy thus far I haven't waited at all to announce it. It was common knowledge before I was even 4 weeks.

This time (I'm still waiting to test so "this time" might not be just yet... but I have a feeling) I really want to wait. Not just the standard 12 weeks, either. If I could manage I would prefer to know the gender already before we spill to our families. We have four boys and I think it would be nice to know before we get asked 1,000 times. It would also help to have a name, something concrete for everyone to get attached to and be excited about, since not everyone agrees that trying for another was a fantastic idea. I seriously doubt it's even POSSIBLE to wait that long but that's the idea.

How long did you put off telling?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    July 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

We told about 8 weeks or so , it could have been closer to 12 weeks.  We just let people know as needed each development.

• CjEmmemommy
    July 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    I have never waited for the test to dry but if we have another I would wait:) I thinkbit would be fun to keep it a secret. If we are pregnant I would be 14 ish weeks on halloween so I thought about wearing a costume of some kind to annouce that day.
    You could as well unless you want to wait till gender, that will be a bit longer. We Don't find out till birth ao I can't wait that long lol
  • crwspringer
    July 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    We told at 16 weeks... I think I even waited a week or two more to tell work. My clothes were too tight to not buy new ones.
    For the record, I am tall and slightly overweight so I didn't really show till I got past the 6 month mark.... I blew up from there :-)
  • Imjustinsmommy
    July 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM

ds1 waited til 9  wks  

ds2 right away LOL

• littlesheep
    July 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    I am 5'3" and 100lbs so I would have to buy new clothes and really try to keep it secret to get to 16-20 weeks.

Quoting crwspringer:

We told at 16 weeks... I think I even waited a week or two more to tell work. My clothes were too tight to not buy new ones.

For the record, I am tall and slightly overweight so I didn't really show till I got past the 6 month mark.... I blew up from there :-)

• littlesheep
    July 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    That would be cute! I would be 18 weeks on Halloween if I am already pregnant now. We might know by then. :)

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I have never waited for the test to dry but if we have another I would wait:) I thinkbit would be fun to keep it a secret. If we are pregnant I would be 14 ish weeks on halloween so I thought about wearing a costume of some kind to annouce that day.

You could as well unless you want to wait till gender, that will be a bit longer. We Don't find out till birth ao I can't wait that long lol

• Nerys-Kianna
    July 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

DS1, I was 6 weeks along and told DH, he left a week later for his next duty station.
    DS2, 7 weeks
    DS3: 14 weeks

• KendallsMommee
    July 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    I told my Mom as soon as I found out at 6 weeks.

She, in turn, told everybody.

And I mean everybody.

LOL.
  • coupon_ash_back
    July 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    34 weeks. Trust me there are reasons, I probably would not of said anything at all if I didn't feel obligated.
  • alexis_06
    July 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

my mom asked ME if i was pregnant at 5 weeks..she pretty much was the one that told my family...my best friend knew 2 minutes after i found out

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts