The CafeMom Newcomers Club

littlesheep
How Long Could You Wait?
July 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Every pregnancy thus far I haven't waited at all to announce it. It was common knowledge before I was even 4 weeks.

This time (I'm still waiting to test so "this time" might not be just yet... but I have a feeling) I really want to wait. Not just the standard 12 weeks, either. If I could manage I would prefer to know the gender already before we spill to our families. We have four boys and I think it would be nice to know before we get asked 1,000 times. It would also help to have a name, something concrete for everyone to get attached to and be excited about, since not everyone agrees that trying for another was a fantastic idea. I seriously doubt it's even POSSIBLE to wait that long but that's the idea.

How long did you put off telling?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    July 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

We told about 8 weeks or so , it could have been closer to 12 weeks.  We just let people know as needed each development.

• CjEmmemommy
    July 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    I have never waited for the test to dry but if we have another I would wait:) I thinkbit would be fun to keep it a secret. If we are pregnant I would be 14 ish weeks on halloween so I thought about wearing a costume of some kind to annouce that day.
    You could as well unless you want to wait till gender, that will be a bit longer. We Don't find out till birth ao I can't wait that long lol
  • crwspringer
    July 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    We told at 16 weeks... I think I even waited a week or two more to tell work. My clothes were too tight to not buy new ones.
    For the record, I am tall and slightly overweight so I didn't really show till I got past the 6 month mark.... I blew up from there :-)
  • Imjustinsmommy
    July 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM

ds1 waited til 9  wks  

ds2 right away LOL

• littlesheep
    July 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    I am 5'3" and 100lbs so I would have to buy new clothes and really try to keep it secret to get to 16-20 weeks.

Quoting crwspringer:

We told at 16 weeks... I think I even waited a week or two more to tell work. My clothes were too tight to not buy new ones.

For the record, I am tall and slightly overweight so I didn't really show till I got past the 6 month mark.... I blew up from there :-)

• littlesheep
    July 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    That would be cute! I would be 18 weeks on Halloween if I am already pregnant now. We might know by then. :)

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I have never waited for the test to dry but if we have another I would wait:) I thinkbit would be fun to keep it a secret. If we are pregnant I would be 14 ish weeks on halloween so I thought about wearing a costume of some kind to annouce that day.

You could as well unless you want to wait till gender, that will be a bit longer. We Don't find out till birth ao I can't wait that long lol

• Nerys-Kianna
    July 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

DS1, I was 6 weeks along and told DH, he left a week later for his next duty station.
    DS2, 7 weeks
    DS3: 14 weeks

• KendallsMommee
    July 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    I told my Mom as soon as I found out at 6 weeks.

She, in turn, told everybody.

And I mean everybody.

LOL.
  • coupon_ash_back
    July 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    34 weeks. Trust me there are reasons, I probably would not of said anything at all if I didn't feel obligated.
  • alexis_06
    July 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

my mom asked ME if i was pregnant at 5 weeks..she pretty much was the one that told my family...my best friend knew 2 minutes after i found out

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN