The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
allisontd
I regret having to use it on my bf, but was I right to?
July 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I'm 23 yrs. old and have been dating this guy for about 4 mos. now. At first he seemed open and supportive, but as of late it's gotten progressively worse. I happen to take taekwondo, and have for about 7 mos now. He hadn't been threatening to me in any way before. That's why what happened last night is so surprising. We got into an argument, about job/finances-mostly me pushing him to make more of an effort. He got very rude with me, and it got to the point where I wanted to leave the room, just try the discussion another time. He grabbed my arm at the wrist as I was walking away. Then I used a serious tone telling him "NOT to do that!" He mocked me (as he's aware of my taking taekwondo) saying "Oh, what are you going to do, use your little strip mall dojo crap?" Ooookay, now I see! I simply faced him, assessing where it would go from there. I simply told him not to go there. He responds with a sneer and "We'll see about that!" and flung back his right hand to slap my face. I reacted exactly as we've practiced in class so many times, ducking under his hand. He missed, and his momentum threw him sort off of balance. When I came up, I took 1 step back, and with my left leg, maximum flexibility (since he's 7 inches taller), used a crescent kick (where you kick in a motion-inside out in a circular motion) on him, nailed the side of his face. He stumbled back about 2 steps but didn't go down. Instead he yelled "Why you bit**!" at me and flung his arm out for another slap attempt. It was easy to see though, and without thinking I used another crescent kick on him, this time with my right leg, nailed him good on the other side of his face. He went down. I used that moment to grab my handbag and leave, I didn't bother to grab anything else. I haven't called any mutual acquaintances yet, so I don't know what he's said or done since last night. I'm staying with a friend right now. I had no hint something like this would happen. I just reacted the way I was trained in class, and it worked. I wonder if it was too much though. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

Replies

• goddiddlyumshis
    July 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    *slow clap*
    How mature. You should've just left.
    What belt are you?
  • allisontd
    July 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Green belt. Just got it a few weeks ago. And that was my original intention, before he grabbed my wrist.

• YllaSurtson
    July 10, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    He got what he asked for imo. He should know to never raise a hand to a woman like that. My next step would be to contact all his friends and family and let them know it's over and exactly what happened.
  • strictmomhere
    July 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    Im glad your trained he would of beat your ass if you were not trained high five hugs
  • momtoBrenna
    July 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM

You used it to defend yourself which is the purpose. You did the right thing for the circumstances. Be sure that he knows it's over and don't go back to him!

• EmilysMom2010
    July 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Bwahahahahahahaha

Nice.
    And I'm sorry you had to do that shit. Wtf. Yeah. It's best not to contact him again. You only knew him 4 months. So you can't be that invested.
  • allisontd
    July 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Thank you all, really. My hesitation for not contacting his friends/family yet is because the incident just happened last night. I was shocked that it happened at all, and I don't want him/his friends causing trouble where I am so soon after last night. It's CERTAINLY over, no doubt about it.

• Marimaru
    July 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

If he was swinging at you, then he got what he asked for.  I guess I'm confused as to why you're still calling him your boyfriend.

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    July 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    Good for you. I had a friend on high school who dad an abusive dad... But he made the mistake of sending his girls to karate classes hehehe he learned his lesson much the same way when he tried to hit her one night and my 15 year old 95 lb friend dropped him. Again you did exactly what you should have. Take some one you trust with you when you go back for your stuff
  • terpmama
    July 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM

May I suggest going to the local pd and just file a report... Just so its on record should he come after you, legally or physically. Do you have any other belongings there?

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts