The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
irishluck112211
Red dye 40 +ADHD
July 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM
My son has severe ADHD. I have read that red dye 40 has affects in kids with ADHD. I was going to try to take it out of my sons diet. My question is has anyone done this? Did it work? Positive and negatives? Thanks for any input.

Replies

• shajdinyak
    July 9, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    Absolutely...no negatives about it...remove all dyes, artifical and processed food...is a start. I can tell you where to go next.
  • irishluck112211
    July 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    All dyes? Or just red dye?

Quoting shajdinyak:

Absolutely...no negatives about it...remove all dyes, artifical and processed food...is a start. I can tell you where to go next.

• hunnybunny2001
    July 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    Yes it works
  • BraydensMama163
    July 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    I'm interested in this 2
  • heavenly1462
    July 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    I removed red dyes, gluten, artifical sweeteners, msg, and processed foods. My dd has severe adhd and it helps. If someone were to give her fruit snacks fpr instance, shed act like she ate a bag of sugar and drank 10 cups of coffee. Lol
  • AliKatAK47
    July 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    I've never heard it. But my MIL is allergic to Red40
  • shajdinyak
    July 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
    Anything artifical get rid of so no colors. Do you have any Trader Joes stores, whole foods, etc?

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting shajdinyak:

• shajdinyak
    July 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    ugh i hear u! i hate when there are parties at school, playdates, etc because I have to deal with the after effects:(

Quoting heavenly1462:

I removed red dyes, gluten, artifical sweeteners, msg, and processed foods. My dd has severe adhd and it helps. If someone were to give her fruit snacks fpr instance, shed act like she ate a bag of sugar and drank 10 cups of coffee. Lol
  • quickbooksworm
    July 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    Dude, mine doesn't have ADHD and red drinks make him go absolutely wild. Red dye is the devil, I'm sure of it. We don't do many things with dyes so I KNOW when he is bouncing off the walls after Powerade, that's the cause.
  • irishluck112211
    July 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    We have a trader joes next town over.

Quoting shajdinyak:

Anything artifical get rid of so no colors. Do you have any Trader Joes stores, whole foods, etc?

Quoting irishluck112211:

Quoting shajdinyak:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN