The CafeMom Newcomers Club

priincessz
Help!
July 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Mobile Photo

I need help with a dog that was given to us from my DH's boss. He's a yorkie and his name is Cassidy. Well I just noticed that he has this red spot on his back by his tail and it looks really painful. I'm pretty sure he was an inside dog. Here is a pic. I hope its nothing major I bought him a spray that helps with the itch but he just keeps licking at it.
Sorry if the pic is big.

Replies

  • frndlyfn
    July 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

    It looks like something a vet needs to see.  

  • NDADanceMom
    July 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    It could be scabies which requires a quarantine and parasite medication. Its also contagious to humans. It could be a hot spot which will be made worse by a bug spray. I would shave the dog to start with, cone it and if you can't afford a weekend vet put it in a room with no carpet, no bedding (to prevent reinfection and spread of possible scabies) and bring it in on Monday.
  • lalalamama
    July 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
    Agree 100%


    Quoting NDADanceMom:

    It could be scabies which requires a quarantine and parasite medication. Its also contagious to humans. It could be a hot spot which will be made worse by a bug spray. I would shave the dog to start with, cone it and if you can't afford a weekend vet put it in a room with no carpet, no bedding (to prevent reinfection and spread of possible scabies) and bring it in on Monday.

  • priincessz
    July 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to take him to the vet hospital they have inside petsmart.

    Quoting lalalamama:

    Agree 100%




    Quoting NDADanceMom:

    It could be scabies which requires a quarantine and parasite medication. Its also contagious to humans. It could be a hot spot which will be made worse by a bug spray. I would shave the dog to start with, cone it and if you can't afford a weekend vet put it in a room with no carpet, no bedding (to prevent reinfection and spread of possible scabies) and bring it in on Monday.

  • godsgirl26
    July 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    Oh gah I don't know I would take him to the vet.
  • Thunderbug75
    July 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM

     My guess would be a hot spot from an allergy.  But that is just a guess.

  • kjsaes
    by kjsaes
    July 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    My lab did that we were told by the vet to give him one human allergy tablet a day. We wrapped it in chesse he ate it fine and it took care of it
  • priincessz
    July 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    What kind of pill did you give him

    Quoting kjsaes:

    My lab did that we were told by the vet to give him one human allergy tablet a day. We wrapped it in chesse he ate it fine and it took care of it
  • blue123244
    July 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM

    take him to the vet

  • priincessz
    July 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    I bought him a spray for hot spots and gave him a cool bath with some oatmeal shampoo. Right now he is doing okay, he's not chewing at it as much as before.

    Quoting Thunderbug75:

     My guess would be a hot spot from an allergy.  But that is just a guess.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN