newmomat22
back pain help.
July 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Ok so I had my baby boy 4 1/2  months ago he is my 2nd baby. With my daughter I had an epidural when I gave birth to her. 3 months after I had some back pain where I got the epidural nothing too bad. Then I had my son and the dr who gave me my epidural took 30 min because every time I got the thing my body rejected what ever he out in my back. My epi never even had the time to work my son came down and it was time. But after I healed I didn't have any problems until now. 3 days ago I was bringing in groceries and I started to get some back pain well bad pain. right where the epi was like on the left side of my spine. I never had this bad pain before. I don't know if I pulled something bending down with too many bags (hubby was at the park with the kids while I went shopping I was home alone that is why I brought the bags in alone lol) or is it from the epi. 

My question is how do I help it ? I can't bend over and I walk like I am 90 years old 

I do I know when I should go to the dr. It hurts but I don't know if I can rest at home and take care of it or go in. 

it also hurts a little bit when you push on it. Not like omg kind of hurt but a hey that hurt when you touched it. sorry I don't know how else ot explain it. I am trying the best I can. 

thanks in advance for the help. 

Replies

• newmomat22
    July 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM

when I lay down or sit still too long i need help getting up. so when I wake up in the am and moving is hard to do. please tell me this is nothing to worry about. 

• calsmom62
    July 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    that sounds like a disc. you can try ice or heat. sometimes mine will subside after a day or two of ice and heat
  • newmomat22
    July 3, 2013 at 2:53 AM

oh wow Inever even thought of it being a disc thanks for the help

Quoting calsmom62:

that sounds like a disc. you can try ice or heat. sometimes mine will subside after a day or two of ice and heat

• yryssa1
    by yryssa1
    July 3, 2013 at 3:25 AM
    maybe muscle spasms? one day I bent over to pick up some clothes off the floor and my back about gave out. It was sore the rest of the day. The next day when I woke up, I was in so much pain I could not even get out of bed. I has to slide like a noodle out of bed while in tears. I was having severe muscle spasms and they lasted about a week. For the first couple of days I just used a heating pad but it still was very painful. I decided to go see my Dr (i hate going to the doc). He gave me muscle relaxers and that made a huge difference. If you are able and if you are still in pain, go see your Dr. There are so many things that could be wrong. Don't chance your physical health. Good luck and I hope you feel better!
  • newmomat22
    July 3, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I am just like youI hate the doctor's but you are right. Thanks for thehelp. I can'tsleep because of it so I am makingan appointment. 

Quoting yryssa1:

maybe muscle spasms? one day I bent over to pick up some clothes off the floor and my back about gave out. It was sore the rest of the day. The next day when I woke up, I was in so much pain I could not even get out of bed. I has to slide like a noodle out of bed while in tears. I was having severe muscle spasms and they lasted about a week. For the first couple of days I just used a heating pad but it still was very painful. I decided to go see my Dr (i hate going to the doc). He gave me muscle relaxers and that made a huge difference. If you are able and if you are still in pain, go see your Dr. There are so many things that could be wrong. Don't chance your physical health. Good luck and I hope you feel better!

• yryssa1
    by yryssa1
    July 3, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    Glad you are making an appt. Bite the bullet and see the doc :)

I've been experiencing foot pain for a long time. Before that it was knee pain. I finally went to get a 2nd opinion from a podiatrist (first Dr is why I hate Drs lol). I told this 2nd Dr look I have hip pain, knee pain and foot pain all on my right side. She sent me to a chiro and guess what? I apparently sprained my back many years ago and my spine was curved. This caused pressure on the nerve that runs down my right leg. That's why I say take care of your physical health. If I would have done something years ago about my hip pain (when it all 1st started) I wouldn't be going through the pain of having my spine readjusted. Talk about ouch lol Lesson learned I tell ya. Heck now that I think about it, those awful muscle spasms I had were on my right side. All this from a slight curve in my spine.

Sorry for the long response! I can't sleep either :)

Quoting newmomat22:

I am just like youI hate the doctor's but you are right. Thanks for thehelp. I can'tsleep because of it so I am makingan appointment. 

Quoting yryssa1:

• newmomat22
    July 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM

oh ouch i hope things get better for you. I woke up this morning and my back didn't hurt as bad as it did just last night but I am still making an appointment with the dr to make sure everything is ok. thanks for the help and scaring me into going to the dr. I really hope things get better for you mama.

Quoting yryssa1:

I've been experiencing foot pain for a long time. Before that it was knee pain. I finally went to get a 2nd opinion from a podiatrist (first Dr is why I hate Drs lol). I told this 2nd Dr look I have hip pain, knee pain and foot pain all on my right side. She sent me to a chiro and guess what? I apparently sprained my back many years ago and my spine was curved. This caused pressure on the nerve that runs down my right leg. That's why I say take care of your physical health. If I would have done something years ago about my hip pain (when it all 1st started) I wouldn't be going through the pain of having my spine readjusted. Talk about ouch lol Lesson learned I tell ya. Heck now that I think about it, those awful muscle spasms I had were on my right side. All this from a slight curve in my spine.

Quoting newmomat22:

Quoting yryssa1:

• yryssa1
    by yryssa1
    July 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    Glad I could 'scare' ya for a good cause :)

Just to add insult to injury, I had a lump removed from my heel yesterday so there is a hole in my foot, I started my period the night before the surgery and it's my bday today :( Only a pity party for me today lol! Keep me posted about what the doc says! take care :)

Quoting newmomat22:

oh ouch i hope things get better for you. I woke up this morning and my back didn't hurt as bad as it did just last night but I am still making an appointment with the dr to make sure everything is ok. thanks for the help and scaring me into going to the dr. I really hope things get better for you mama.

Quoting yryssa1:

Quoting newmomat22:

Quoting yryssa1:

• newmomat22
    July 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM

wow what a bday lol. HAPPY BIRTHDAY though and you need a night out when your ll healed up missy lol. Hey my daughters bday is friday lol. just random info for ya lol. I will deff keep you posted. 

Quoting yryssa1:

Glad I could 'scare' ya for a good cause :)

Just to add insult to injury, I had a lump removed from my heel yesterday so there is a hole in my foot, I started my period the night before the surgery and it's my bday today :( Only a pity party for me today lol! Keep me posted about what the doc says! take care :)

Quoting newmomat22:

Quoting yryssa1:

Quoting newmomat22:

Quoting yryssa1:

• AndresMrs
    July 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Hi there newmomat22! Sorry to hear about your pain :(  I am 6 weeks pregnant & have 9 herniated discs from a hit & run so I know your pain. I am new to pregnancy, so check with your dr, but I ALWAYS found relief by taking warm Epsom Salt baths. Walking is great if this is a disc, which I am sad to say, it sounds like a herniated disc. If it is a disc, you will need an MRI to confirm. You will find that sitting for long periods, getting up in the AM & more than a few seconds on the toilet will be a problem. Do not be discouraged, make sure that you make the time to walk a little bit each day & you will find the pain manageable. I also used to use a heating pad or a stick on heat pack on my lower back when sitting for long periods. Hope you feel better soon!  PS Be careful when lifting, bend at the knees & come up slowly. Morning movement will be easier after standing in the shower & letting hot water hit the area. I do that every morning & I am as good as new!