The CafeMom Newcomers Club

mommyrat02
am i ready for another baby?
July 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Good Afternoon! I am a stay at home mom of an 8yr old and a 6yr old. My husband and I would like to have another baby. My mom and my dad are extremely important to me. My mom has made many comments that she hopes I never have any more children. I quit work to be a sahm 4 months ago. I don't know how to tell her we are trying for another baby. Should I just wait until it happens and then tell her? Thanks for any advice!!!

Replies

• brandybaby1994
    July 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    Honestly, if i were you, i would just tell my mom that i want another baby and without being rude, just tell her its yours and your bfs decision and thats what yall decided that yall both want.
  • dingysfamily
    July 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM

WOW!  As a grandmother I can't imagine your mom telling you she hopes you never have any more children; unless there is a health issue you aren't telling us about.  I'd never tell any of my kids (we have 5) that ... although I do hope the older 4 don't have anymore (they've already given us 16!!)  The youngest hasn't even started.  If I were you, I'd just wait until you get pregnant and then tell her.  If she says anything, just tell her this is what you and your husband want and it's your decision not hers and that you hope she'll accept the baby and love it.

• Mommy4-27-08
    July 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    My mom said that she hoped I didn't habe anymore after my second and really pushed for me to have my tubess tied. Funny though because I had already decided to stop and have my tubes tied but her comments almost made me not want to do it because I felt like she was being selfish. She didn't want me to have another because she was already taking on other people's kids and she was concerned about spreading her time.

I would tell her afterwards and hopefully she gets excited about it. It's not like your asking them to raise the kid or having them watch them all the time (i assume, if you are then i could see her comments), so it should be none of their business.
  • hugss
    by hugss
    July 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Hi there,
    I would just wait & hope she would be excited for you.
    Kind of sad she feels that way though.

• lalalamama
    July 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    What reason does she give for saying that?
    It's a very odd thing to say as it's really none of her business. Your family is your husband and children. She and your Dad are part of your extended family and really don't have a say, unless they fear for your welfare.
  • ScrChk23
    July 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I think if you two want one and are ready, then go for it. 

• NDADanceMom
    July 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM

If your mom isnt paying your bills I wouldnt include her in the decision

• jojo_star
    July 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM

If it your life, tell her. 

• mommyrat02
    July 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Thanks so much for all of the advice. I never ask my mom to babysit and there is no health problems. I believe I will just wait until it happens then tell her. I guess if she wants to be involved she will and if not she won't. Thanks again for all the advice!!!

• RADmomma
    July 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    Tell her to stuff it. It's your life. If you're supporting your kids then she had no say

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts