The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Cafe Robin
Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 27th)
August 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

Replies

• Ryansmommy12863
    August 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    Hello my name is Stacy I am 27 years old from pittsburg ca I have a 9 year old daughter Samantha who just started the 4th grade. I also have a 1 1/2 year old little boy Ryan. I just recently became a stay at home mom so I was looking for a site to connect with other moms. Can not wait to chat with everyone..
    Stacy
  • hugss
    by hugss
    August 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Stacy,
    Hope you enjoy staying home now with your kids.
    Here are a couple of other groups you may also enjoy :))

Quoting Ryansmommy12863:

Hello my name is Stacy I am 27 years old from pittsburg ca I have a 9 year old daughter Samantha who just started the 4th grade. I also have a 1 1/2 year old little boy Ryan. I just recently became a stay at home mom so I was looking for a site to connect with other moms. Can not wait to chat with everyone..
    Stacy

• ladyjasmommy
    August 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM

hello, i'm jasmine. im 24 years old and have a 5 year old son who just started kindergarten at a local elementary school. we live in lafayette, indiana..the same place i was born and raised. im here to talk to other moms mostly, i'd like advice on how to get my son to be more enthusiastic about kindergarten, and about things that i would like to teach him about life. 

• LuckyClover2413
    August 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Hello....I'm Christi and became a FTM at the age of 37 this past February.  

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?  My son, Tyler, is 6 1/2 months old and I also have a step son, Connor, who is 9 1/2

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?  I grew up, and still live, in Southern NH

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?  Met my husband on a blind date....we got married exactly 1 year later.  Our 4th wedding anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks, which is also our 5 year anniversary of our first date :-)

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?  What is "time to myself"??  Just kidding.  I like to read, research topics having to do with raising my family, and online shopping for my home....getting ready to repaint our master  bedroom and I'm obsessed with looking at color schemes online right now!

5. What's on your mind today?  I'm a stay at home mom (since February), and today I'm actually excited for my step son to start school tomorrow so I can begin my new fall routine....I need some structure after a crazy summer!!

• hugss
    by hugss
    August 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Jasmine,
    Hopefully in time your son will be enjoying Kindergarten .. maybe he was/is a bit nervous.
    Nice to meet you :)

Quoting ladyjasmommy:

hello, i'm jasmine. im 24 years old and have a 5 year old son who just started kindergarten at a local elementary school. we live in lafayette, indiana..the same place i was born and raised. im here to talk to other moms mostly, i'd like advice on how to get my son to be more enthusiastic about kindergarten, and about things that i would like to teach him about life. 

• nannie6
    by nannie6
    August 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM

hi, I'm Nan. I have four children,all grown. My two oldest sons live in Alabama and I live in Ga, my two youngest,twins,boy, girl. Live in Ga. where I live. My daughter, a twin, has a little boy,he's two and a half. My daughter works full time and I keep my grandson, Charlie! He is a character!! I'm thinking about getting him a puppy....young dog. I have a great fenced in back yard. Although we would probably have it in the house also. What would be the best for a rambunctious 2 1/2 year old ?

• hugss
    by hugss
    August 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Christi,
    Congrats on your new little guy.
    Here are a couple of other groups you may also enjoy :)

Join us in Stepmom Central

Quoting LuckyClover2413:

Hello....I'm Christi and became a FTM at the age of 37 this past February.  

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?  My son, Tyler, is 6 1/2 months old and I also have a step son, Connor, who is 9 1/2

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?  I grew up, and still live, in Southern NH

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?  Met my husband on a blind date....we got married exactly 1 year later.  Our 4th wedding anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks, which is also our 5 year anniversary of our first date :-)

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?  What is "time to myself"??  Just kidding.  I like to read, research topics having to do with raising my family, and online shopping for my home....getting ready to repaint our master  bedroom and I'm obsessed with looking at color schemes online right now!

5. What's on your mind today?  I'm a stay at home mom (since February), and today I'm actually excited for my step son to start school tomorrow so I can begin my new fall routine....I need some structure after a crazy summer!!

• hugss
    by hugss
    August 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Nan,
    I guess you plan on training the puppy & having it live with you for a while?
    Are you thinking of a big or small dog?
    Nice to meet you :)

Quoting nannie6:

hi, I'm Nan. I have four children,all grown. My two oldest sons live in Alabama and I live in Ga, my two youngest,twins,boy, girl. Live in Ga. where I live. My daughter, a twin, has a little boy,he's two and a half. My daughter works full time and I keep my grandson, Charlie! He is a character!! I'm thinking about getting him a puppy....young dog. I have a great fenced in back yard. Although we would probably have it in the house also. What would be the best for a rambunctious 2 1/2 year old ?

• dmersing
    August 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Hello ladies, 

I am a 60 year old widow with a daughter and granddaughter. I am a psychic medium from Pittsburgh, PA and have been doing this work for 45 years. I was born gifted. I went to the gym earlier today, have a reading in 5 minutes, and later will be doing the wash! I am on disability now but previously I worked for the Brain Tumor Center at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. I was the assistant to the Director. It was difficult heartbreaking work for both the doctor and myself. Blessings my angels. Namaste, Donna Mersing

• LaciLynn04
    August 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Hi, 

My name is Laci. I am not yet married, but have been in a 2 year relationship and we live together. Jesse (my boyfriend) has a 4 (and a 1/2) year old daughter. Don't dare say she is 4, because she will correct you! I am 27 years old, do not yet have any children of my own, but having my own is a passion I can't wait to fulfill!

Let me start by saying I didn't join this group to complain about Emily. She is not a totally out of control child that I feel like I can't handle, but as she gets older she gets more and more independent, "I know everything" attitude, argumentative, and sometimes just plan rude & disrespectful. Her father and I have totally different views on discipline. I have tried and tried to tell myself to "not care" and "stay back and let him handle it" but he doesn't handle it. Our views on discipline are as different as black and white. I feel like she needs some. He doesn't do it at all. I am not even talking about spanking her! I'm talking about a simple "Hey! Did you forget who you are talkin' to??" And, even occasionally, she needs to be sent to her room for her attitude and lack of respect. 

What my BF is the worst at, is following through and sticking to what he says. The problem is that she knows it. He will say, "I'm going to set this timer and if you're not done......then,........." But when that timer goes off and shes not done (whatever is asked) he will still let her have what he told her she couldn't. This is everytime, all the time, no matter what the situation is. She is daddies little girl, and he is WRAPPED around her pretty little finger. 

Don't get me wrong, we have great times together, her and I have a pretty great relationship, especially when it is just her and I together...but when he's home too she's a different child. 

I'm looking for advice. Understanding. Possibly a way for me to just deal with it all in a civil way. 

Feeling Super Frustrated, 

Laci

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts