The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cafe Robin
Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (July 8th)
July 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

Replies

• AquarianMommy22
    July 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM
    Hello everyone. I am 26 years old, single and just found out I'm pregnant a week ago.i recently moved to LA to pursue a career in entertainment (specifically music). I sing and write. The father of my child is 20 (*hangs head in shame*) and has another baby on the way by someone in Houston, TX (where we are both from). I am currently very unstable financially, as I am
    Making next to minimum wage at my job. Thank God I at least have insurance! I also have a bachelors degree and professional experience so I am currently seeking a better position with a more stable income. I am very nervous and overwhelmed. I never imagined that I would be a single mother and the thought is truly frightening. I came here to actually get connected with other moms and moms to be and hopefully get some great insight and advice. I refuse to be anything less than the absolute best mom I can be, but right now I am having a really hard time. Thanks in advance for any advice and support.

Peace and blessings,
    Shannon
  • Gylna
    by Gylna
    July 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM
    Hi everyone. I'm 33. Mother of 2 boys: 12 and 9 year old. I have a Master degree in Hunam Resources management and accounting. My main job is to make sure that my kids and husband succeed. I dream to actually get a real career outside of my home.
  • MindyKing
    July 8, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Hello.  I'm 39 and a mother of 2 boys (6 months and 2 years).  I was having trouble sleeping tonight, surfing the web, and found this site so thought I'd check it out.  I have a Master's degree in Library Science and my MBA and work at a University Library.  I love my husband and kids, and my job.  But have found that with all the business of juggling family and work I have become disconnected with friends and hobbies. 

• Mommatryin2KIN
    July 8, 2013 at 4:39 AM

As Much as i love my DH its so better being single take it from this point of view. YOU get to choose. No arguing with some SO And if your in a bind Friends and family is all you need to get through and I'm pretty sure you can make more friends here! ;) Enjoy every min you can, Need to vent there's plenty of people to do that with whom will not judge! :)

Quoting AquarianMommy22:

Hello everyone. I am 26 years old, single and just found out I'm pregnant a week ago.i recently moved to LA to pursue a career in entertainment (specifically music). I sing and write. The father of my child is 20 (*hangs head in shame*) and has another baby on the way by someone in Houston, TX (where we are both from). I am currently very unstable financially, as I am
    Making next to minimum wage at my job. Thank God I at least have insurance! I also have a bachelors degree and professional experience so I am currently seeking a better position with a more stable income. I am very nervous and overwhelmed. I never imagined that I would be a single mother and the thought is truly frightening. I came here to actually get connected with other moms and moms to be and hopefully get some great insight and advice. I refuse to be anything less than the absolute best mom I can be, but right now I am having a really hard time. Thanks in advance for any advice and support.

Peace and blessings,
    Shannon

• Mommatryin2KIN
    July 8, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hiya, I'm Ashley ash for short (literally 5'2 here)So short and 21 = 12yr atleast everyone who see's me seems to think so..  I have one boy (only boy for the past 10 yrs) who is 15 months and thick and chunky!  I have grown up most off my life eastside carolina's and currently *sigh* In S.C. My dh and I met in middle school and got back in touch in high school (moved alot back and forth sc-nc) Favorite things to do in the time I have babeless is either catch a nap play COD BO2 (Xbox) or unwrap the mystery's of coupon's/ diy health, baby, home(etc) or Pinterest the time away in what seem's like 5 mins lol. And sometime's not very often I play with trying to be more femme....

• remarie
    by remarie
    July 8, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Hello, I'm 29 years old and my son Tyler is just 3 weeks old. He was born on father's day. I work at a pet store but I hope I can be a stay at home mom soon. I have been married to my husband for one year, we dated for 9 years. I have always wanted to be a mom and I love it so far, but I'm struggling with a lot of anxiety right now. I'm trying to continue breast feeding despite some problems. I just want some support from other mom's and I'm hoping to kick this depression and prove to myself that even if I can't continue breast feeding I'm not a bad mom.

• dana63
    by dana63
    July 8, 2013 at 7:07 AM

WElcome new members of Cafemom.. Come in and look around and you will find groups that will fit your need. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.. Again welcome! :)

• gauge.mom
    July 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM

hi, im a 37 y/o mom of 2. One 14 year old "scene" daughter, and a 4 y/o son. well just about. 

i am married to a man that i love for the last 10 years but his drinking has increased and gotten worse. at least now, he stays outside in his garage/man cave until after the kids are asleep.

i am going to be all over this place with questions. i have been reading cafe mom since i liked you guys on fb over a year ago, maybe more. but today i said, i have 2 "allowed" friends who are my neighbors....one is 50 y/o no kids, and the other a 21 y/o(i know she is closer to my daughters age, but without her, i would not have known this whole punk emo kid i have now. but they dont have kids. the younger is polite and tolerates him cos she has a younger sister. but the older couple, you can see the frustration when i ask to go with my son. i need help.

having a teen girl and preschool boy is karma biting me in the butt big time!

i suffer from bipolar and anxiety disorder. this makes it extremely hard to keep it together for me, let alone for all the others. only one working and its a part time. pay is crappy, but i have lost 32 pounds in 3 months.(due to the manual labor of putting clothes on racks and walking back and forth the size of a market all day)(a thrift shop)

as you can see i can, and will go on and on. 

im interested in music, tho i cant sing or play instruments, i do write reviews of shows, and interviews when i can, also blog about free products reviews and whatever else is going on...

i know im not a bad mom, but im not a great or i think even good.

but i am here, and not running for the hills, for those same ones driving me batty are my life and i dont have the luxury to allow depression or mania get in my way of that.

oh grew up in new jersey til i was 11, moved to kendall in south miami where i lived 14 years, then moved to the triad in north carolina. (my daughter was 2, just got divorced) i wanted a new start, and that my daughter wouldn't end up in a high school like mine.

well, all that for nothing, cos parkland high may as well call itself miami sunset.

time to myself---are you serious? nah, um, i enjoy reading. a whole lot. im on my 4th summer book already.

• hugss
    by hugss
    July 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Shannon,
    Congrats to you on being pregnat.
    Here are a couple of other groups you may find helpful ;)

Click here for the Pregnancy group...

Quoting AquarianMommy22:

Peace and blessings,
    Shannon

• hugss
    by hugss
    July 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
    So nice to meet you :)

Quoting Gylna:

Hi everyone. I'm 33. Mother of 2 boys: 12 and 9 year old. I have a Master degree in Hunam Resources management and accounting. My main job is to make sure that my kids and husband succeed. I dream to actually get a real career outside of my home.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts