The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Mama2ETA
Do you forgive?
June 30, 2013 at 5:22 AM

Do you forgive people that make horrible mistakes? Like going off on you, or getting mad at something so tiny? If they apologize and change. Would you forgive them?

I have a friend that I've known since I was 7. She was 8. I was having an episode 2 years ago, and I went off on her for her continuously blowing off hanging out because it effected my kids (they would cry because all of a sudden they didn't get to hang out with their best friends- they were like 4 and 5). She would just make other plans. Well, we didn't talk for over a year. I asked her forgiveness and apologized and I let her cool off and left her alone for 2 years. I messaged her 4 months ago and asked how she was doing and we have been hanging out weekly since. She forgave me, but I completely understood if she chose not to.

Are you a forgiving person?

Replies

• dtm1491
    by dtm1491
    June 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I used to be. In some cases I still am. I was never the type to hold a grudge. Lately I am finding it harder to be forgiving at times. I was not raised to be a doormat.

• lasombrs
    June 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    Depends on the person and reason for needing forgiveness. In your case yes I would, something more painful I may forgive but not forget. There are a few people, maybe 3, that are lucky I don't like guns and no longer know where they are in the country. If I saw them out I would seriously have to weigh going to jail for running them down over having to leave my kids because of it. But they cost the lives of family members to me so that is the extreme.
  • DragonInfinity
    June 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Most of the time I am a forgiving of others.

• IandLoveandYou
    June 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    I'm very forgiving.
  • mommyofgirl1974
    Lyn
    June 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Same here!

Quoting emmy526:

i'll forgive, but then proceed with caution

• lovelikethis721
    June 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM

It really depends on the situation but in most cases yes I am a forgiving person

• Imjustinsmommy
    June 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM

i do forgive but only if they are truly sorry &   say it. also  if its not  abusive.

i wont  accept abusive behavior.

i also wont  let them  be sorry over & over again..  then its justa   pattern & it  wont stop..

• nikki4eva88
    June 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    Yes
  • lacyd75
    by lacyd75
    June 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I'm forgiving. But it also depends on what it is. There are some lines not to be crossed. I may even then accept an apology but just keep my distance and move on.

• Lili0509
    June 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I do forgive but sometimes its just not the same anymore........I had a friend since we were like 8-9 as well and its just not the same, Im at a differnt point in life I guess and it does hurt my feeling a little but since Im in such a different mindset now, I just don't have anything in common with her anymore.....the sad thiung is that it was a group of like 4, and Im not close to them at all anymore :(

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN