babybrooks07
Why do you love where you are?
June 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I live in Southern California and I hate it here. It's so over priced, crowded, hotttttttt, no jobs, etc. I would love to leave here one day. I'm just wondering where you live and what you like about it? A few things I will miss about Cali is there is always something to do and we are pretty close to everything. There are also some very beautiful spots here.

Replies

• lalalamama
    June 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    Free health care for everyone, no fear of getting shot, acceptance and respect of other cultures, strong sense of community, caring neighbours....
  • Gingered
    June 30, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I live on Cape Cod. I mostly love it because of the ocean. It is expensive though. We are thinking of moving to Vermont because we want a bigger piece of land to grow food and we like that the government there actually cares about people and what is best for them.

• beadingmom17
    June 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    I'm in a suburb of Detroit, MI...I love it here! Our city has phenomenal schools, so many family activities, a great library, awesome farmer's market, fantastic downtown, quiet neighborhoods, close to everything, central to the metro area, cost of living is pretty reasonable, you can't sneeze without running into a park...it's really a great place to live! It kind of has something for everyone :)
  • ffpm10
    by ffpm10
    June 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    I hate My state
    But- where I live is right off a very busy Main Street- we never even have to cross the street for anything. And I work in the same neighborhood as my job.
  • DamianaFire
    June 30, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    I'm in northern CA and I hate this state. I'd move tomorrow if it weren't for the really good jobs my DH & I have. we will move as soon as we can.
  • Jabojoe
    by Jabojoe
    June 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    I'm in central NJ and the cost of living is maybe average or slightly above. The schools are fantastic in my neighborhood and its a really safe neighborhood where everyone looks out for each other. Also lots of good places to shop and plenty of jobs.
  • CrystalYaris
    June 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I hate where I am. Country folks judge too quickly about a person and are not accepting at all. I was told to go back up north at a grocery store once. I have lived in Tennessee my whole life except when I was in Chicago 4 months. Lol the town I live in is trying to become a retirement community. We have hardly any jobs that pay well or even offer 40 hours a week. Drug crimes are high with many deaths involved. So sad

• KendallsMommee
    June 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    I'm 2 minutes from the Nation's Capital, Washington DC.

There's never a dull moment, the price of living is high but paychecks are higher, and diversity is a given.

What's not to love?
  • heartstander
    June 30, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I love where i am at right now. A beautiful area wih great neighbors and great weather. There are prks everywhere so we can go outside whenever o get some fresh air and the schools are good for when my son gets older.

• Dragonfly315
    June 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Wow I understand exactly what you mean.  I live in CT and it is so expensive here too.  For a small state we have some of the highest taxes.  I would leave in a minute too.  But my family is here.  And I am divorced with 2 children.