The CafeMom Newcomers Club

CrystalYaris
Something got me thinking...
June 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I just read something on here about a woman that had a baby at the age of 60. Surprise! It's not menopause! Someone commented, "go you for getting it on at that age" or something to that nature.

Why do people think after a certain age you just stop having sex? We have a hard time imagining being able to do the deed once our bodies, or maybe we just don't want to think of someone that old doing it. I will admit, I even thought that way until recently.

We have all heard stories about that old man at the age of 90 marrying that young woman in her 30's, then becoming a father. So, it's not really unheard of. I would only guess that even though you are old you may be in damn near good shape and little to no serious medical issues going on.

What made me a believer in people going up in their years still being initmate was my boyfriend. We started dating a year ago in July. He was my mom's neighbor for a while and we just started talking and hanging out. I didn't know he was as old as he admitted to being. When we first starting talking, I assumed he was maybe 45 years old. Nope! He will be 60 this August. I don't care what people think. He has been a true blessing in disguise. He has NEVER been married and the thought of marriage scares him. The old man still has it, if you know what I mean, under the sheets at night.

Replies

• Imjustinsmommy
    June 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

lol,  i thinkit gets BETTER with age personally, at least this far. im  40 .. dh is 41 we'll be 41 & 42 early fall & toegther 14 1/2 yrs.. we haev MORE and better sex NOW then we did in the beginning. ;) i dont see it stopping soon. the ONLY thing id think that would  be an issue with age is   health..   were older lol  & tired lol but i can alwyas wake up dh for  some  loving' lol 

• CrystalYaris
    June 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

They say, "he's old, not dead". lol

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

lol,  i thinkit gets BETTER with age personally, at least this far. im  40 .. dh is 41 we'll be 41 & 42 early fall & toegther 14 1/2 yrs.. we haev MORE and better sex NOW then we did in the beginning. ;) i dont see it stopping soon. the ONLY thing id think that would  be an issue with age is   health..   were older lol  & tired lol but i can alwyas wake up dh for  some  loving' lol 

• Imjustinsmommy
    June 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM

HAHA,  dh is definatly not dead yet lol he is as horny if not more so  at 41 than at  is  late 20's lol

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

• CrystalYaris
    June 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM

That is amazing. I just assume that we as humans in younger years mentally block that this is a lifetime deal. Age is just a number, right?

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

HAHA,  dh is definatly not dead yet lol he is as horny if not more so  at 41 than at  is  late 20's lol

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

• Imjustinsmommy
    June 29, 2013 at 2:36 PM

what do  you  mean a lifetime deal?   sex is fun  always.. 20, 30 40's.. i cant say any later than that but im sure it will be LOL. for us we got more comfortable  with it,  more kinky &  weve shared so many bonding moments.. we got closer= better sex LOL. id think once the lo's are a bit older and less " in the way" of our sex life.. we;d have even more fun ;) but for that we still haev a bit to go. my oldest is almost 5 yrs old lol

Quoting CrystalYaris:

That is amazing. I just assume that we as humans in younger years mentally block that this is a lifetime deal. Age is just a number, right?

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

• RADmomma
    June 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    It's not something you want to think about with all the extra saggy skin & wobbly knees but its life & everyone deserves a little pleasure every now & then!!
  • CrystalYaris
    June 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

sidesplittinglaughter I'm dying over here! Your description was amazing!

Quoting RADmomma:

It's not something you want to think about with all the extra saggy skin & wobbly knees but its life & everyone deserves a little pleasure every now & then!!

• CrystalYaris
    June 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM

What I meant was, once you pop you don't stop? lol Kidding, but somewhere along those lines. I was meaning, it is a part of life and nature doesn't care how old you get. Urges are still there. But yes, you're right. It is ALWAYS fun. When I get to be that age, I wonder if it will still be there for me..... hmmm

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

what do  you  mean a lifetime deal?   sex is fun  always.. 20, 30 40's.. i cant say any later than that but im sure it will be LOL. for us we got more comfortable  with it,  more kinky &  weve shared so many bonding moments.. we got closer= better sex LOL. id think once the lo's are a bit older and less " in the way" of our sex life.. we;d have even more fun ;) but for that we still haev a bit to go. my oldest is almost 5 yrs old lol

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

• ajdahd13
    June 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    I think it's because as you age your sex drive goes down.
  • alexsmomaubrys2
    June 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Knowing my DH he will want to have sex on his death bed.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN