The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
CjEmmemommy
Did your baby cry
June 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

At birth?

My last son never did, he was born at home and went straight to the breast after being suctioned. Not one peep. 

Did you baby cry at birth
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 78% - Yes
  2. 21% - no

Replies

• Big_Momma_X02
    June 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Yes both of mine did.

• RADmomma
    I don't remember my oldest. I had an emergency csection & don't remember much.

My second was a vac & cried a tiny bit but didn't get a big deep cry until I tried to bathe her.
  • outtamymynd
    3 did, the last line didn't.
  • Ktina11
    by Ktina11
    June 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    I had four babies....only two while awake (#2 & #3). I know those two did immediately. #1 lived 5 months with barely any functioning as she sustained brain damage. Never cried during her life. I do not know about #4 but he didn't cry much as a baby either. He was ALWAYS happy. :)
  • lizard3731
    June 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

My oldest came out crying.  My middle child cried after the doctor rubbed his feet to make sure he was breathing.  I can't remember for sure if the last one did or not.  I think he did, but I'm not sure.

• KimmieLu
    June 20, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    My daughter didn't cry until we tried to get her footprints.
  • MrsKaufold1990
    June 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    No.

And i sat up and started freaking out.

And i was told i needed to lay back down and relax.v
  • Night_Roane
    June 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    No. She was a healthy color and breathing, but she just opened one little eye and looked at me, seemed content and looked like she was ready to snuggle in. But then the nurses took her immediately for "routine procedure". She didn't start crying until they put her in the bassist and started harassing her. I have a birth plan specifically for the baby this time, which involves the nurses leaving us alone for the golden hour.
  • nerdymom28
    June 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM

My first daughter was born blue and rushed away before I could even hold her. She had breathed in meconium during birth and wasn't breathing. They rushed her to a plane and flew her to Denver. I didn't hear her cry until the next day when I drove there to be with her.

My second baby didn't cry either, but not for the same reason. She just came out all serious, strictly business. lol she was just looking around, checking everything out.

• bakerytreatz16
    June 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    Not really a cry...

The doctor had her. She let out an angry kind of yell/grunts.

Then he placed her on my chest on she made little noises that reminded me of a puppy. When they took her too clean her up she stayed with the angry yell/grunt again. She didn't acutely cry until later that night.
    She was too busy trying to look around.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts