Mommyto2LilMen
What to do with the rings(divorced)?
June 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
So came across my old wedding set and promise ring from my ex husband. Any idea what one could do with them?? I don't like the idea of keeping them for the boys because to me it was a tainted marriage, and don't want to bring bad luck to them and their future. Know what I mean?!?

Replies

• sharonsolo
    June 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    Facing same thing. About to start divorce soon and trying to figure out rings, wedding pics, scrapbooks, etc. Can you sell them?
  • KawaiiPika
    June 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    I burned all the pics or threw them away. As for the rings I sold them to the jeweler and got a nice lump sum. Diamonds and all.

I would look into that.
  • quickbooksworm
    June 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    My rings were just silver and virtually worthless. I pitched them in an alligator infested lake.
  • Mommyto2LilMen
    June 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    It's been almost 5 years since the divorce and I am actually engaged now. Was thinking of selling them, but didn't know where the best place to do that was.
  • MommyToBe0001
    June 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    PAWN THEM ! THEN GO BUY SOMETHING SEXY FOR YOUR MAN SO HE KNOWS THAT U HAVE NO FEELINGS TOWARDS THE RING OR UR EX MAN . . JS LOL
  • proudmommy690
    June 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    I pawned mine
  • crwspringer
    June 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    Call some of your local independent jewelers and ask if they would be interested in buying them. Diamonds usually keep a decent value.
    Don't go to a pawn shop bc they won't give you a good price.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

It's been almost 5 years since the divorce and I am actually engaged now. Was thinking of selling them, but didn't know where the best place to do that was.

• butterflymommy2
    June 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    I sold my wedding ring and engagement rings.. and bought stuff for the kids with it
  • frndlyfn
    June 19, 2013 at 12:30 AM

sell them but not sure where. Do you know what their value is now?  I have a set that was given to me from a relationship that went bad.  The girl did not want them.   I need mine appraised first before selling or pawning.

• Mommyto2LilMen
    June 19, 2013 at 12:42 AM
    Not sure of their value. No idea where to get them appraised even.

Quoting frndlyfn:

sell them but not sure where. Do you know what their value is now?  I have a set that was given to me from a relationship that went bad.  The girl did not want them.   I need mine appraised first before selling or pawning.