The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Cafe Robin
5 Things No Woman Should EVER Do in Front of Her Husband
June 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

5 Things No Woman Should EVER Do in Front of Her Husband

by Sasha Brown-Worsham

pooping in front of husbandOne of the best things about marriage is the comfort level you get to with a person who knows you both inside and out. After 10 years of marriage, I can officially say that I have done most things in front of my husband, including shower, pee, have babies, laugh until soda came out of my nose, and sleep. But there are still a few things I will never do in front of him.

It's not that we aren't intimate. We are. Deeply. But I am someone who believes strongly in the power of distance. It makes the heart grow fonder, after all. Some things are just meant to stay private. Forever.

Like pooping, for instance. There is a discussion right now on CafeMom about this, and some are in favor of pooping in front of their love, while others aren't. For me, this is a massive no-no. Here are five things I would simply never do in front of my spouse:

1.) Poop: Sorry, ladies. I know some of you disagree with me and think the family who poops together stays together, but no. Not me. Not ever. After 12 years with the same man, I can officially say I still don't even TALK about poop with him. I don't want to hear about his and I don't want him to ask him about mine. Better to keep it all private and pretend it doesn't happen. Some mystery isn't a bad thing.

2.) Pop a zit: This is just a gross thing and something no one needs to see. I don't want to see him do it and I sure as hell don't want him to see me do it. If the bathroom door is locked, you can wait outside, honey!

3.) Pick your nose: I dry heave at the thought. We all know it has to happen sometimes. But just keep that stuff to yourself. No one's fingers belong in anyone's noses. The end.

4.) Remove hair: This means everything. I don't shave, wax, tweeze, or anything else in front of my man. It's just how I roll.

5.) Cut your toenails: I don't know why, but this really skeeves me out. I don't want to see him doing it and I will get my pedicures at the salon FAR from his prying eyes.

Do you do these things in front of your man?

Replies

• BoxxyBabee
    June 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    Done them all. Whooptie doo
  • SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    June 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    They should see you in every possible scenario
    That way they get to know you better
    If you dont know your SO its pretty much like a lie

Yes you shit
    Yes you pluck
    Yes you pick
    Yes you clip
    Its not a secret
  • TableforSeven
    June 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I never do 1-3 in front of DH and never have (except maybe pooping while giving birth, but he has never told me).  I have been caught shaving a spot or two over the years (we've been married for 21 years).  I see nothing wrong with cutting nails - toes or fingers - if he's in the room.

• armyvet06
    June 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    I wont poop in front of him. But that's about it.
  • arpazia
    by arpazia
    June 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    Almost 10 years of marriage and I will only clip my nails in front of dh.
  • Momani4
    by Momani4
    June 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    Im not agreeing nor denying i try to be as quiet as possible when peeing. IF THAT ADDS TO ANY
  • Closet_Case
    June 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    I wont let him see me using the bathroom. His penis goes in, I dont want him to have to imagine whats coming out of me
  • Blestmomof3
    June 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I agree with numbers 1-4.  Number 5 doesn't bother me.  I would have to replace that with inserting a tampon or changing a pad in front of my husband.  He watched me give birth 3 times but I still want my privacy with that.

• goldilocksbecky
    June 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Totally disagree.  This is the person I agreed to love "for better or worse".  The person I plan to grow old with.  The person who was on the business end when our child was born.  The person who has cared for me (and I for him) after surgeries as well as during stomach virus, flu, etc.  The person I'm counting on to feed me and change my Depends if I wind up paralized or incapable of caring for myself.  The person I'd care for in that same situation.  So not only do we do those things in front of each other, but we've helped each other do them when necessary and would do the same again without hesitation.  It's called love.  It's what you do.  It's worked for us for over 20 years of marriage.

• wiener
    by wiener
    June 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    Well I'm screwed, I do all the above plus some lol

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts