The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Monkey92
When's the right time?
June 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Wondering how soon is too soon to take a test? Cycle the 1st-9th, intercourse may 12th, tested once may 27th, light spotting 29th-2nd. feeling sick and using the restroom more last week.....is it just my head?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    June 15, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Some tests say they can tell you before your bleeding ever appears so who knows.   You can try again within the week i would think.

• SRUsarahSC
    June 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM

in the TTC group women test like nine days post ovulation.  I always wait until I know I'm late, because with my first, I had no symptoms.  Shocked the crap out of me when the test read positive!

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    June 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I will usually wait  until I know I am late. Good luck.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

• shjchica
    June 16, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    I had the same problem! My periods were always so screwy that I thought for sure I was just "late" and it'd show up. I was slightly crampy, felt bloated, thought for SURE my period was coming. One of the girls from work laughed at me and told me I was pregnant. I argued with her for a full week past when AF was supposed to show up...then I tested...and I say on the toilet laughing hysterically because I had no symptoms either...even though light cramps and bloated feeling kind of are symptoms lol
    Quoting SRUsarahSC:

in the TTC group women test like nine days post ovulation.  I always wait until I know I'm late, because with my first, I had no symptoms.  Shocked the crap out of me when the test read positive!

• .Sarah.Marie.
    June 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Id test again now...are you late?

• Monkey92
    June 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM

See thats the thing I dont know if that spotting was another 'period' or 'implantation' bleeding I've seen something about that around the Net. Thats whats so frustrating about my PCOS for me atleast, i can go months without any period (but I know thats not pregnancy cause I wasnt sexually active then of course lol) but sometimes I can get 2 periods a month, REALLLLYY bad cramps like not able to get out of bed, kind of bad. then sometimes it comes around the same time for a few months like recently its been the 1st-9th, give or take a few days.  So I think for now (so I dont waste a preg.test) I'm going to anxiously wait until the 9th to test.... this is all just so scary for me only because I had a miscarriage at 17 because of my PCOS. so just completely on edge with my body acting this way. yet in a weird way I know I'll be devestated if I'm not...even tho I know I'm still too young. Just that yearning to be a mom inside is screaming TEST TEST TEST. Ugh. anyone else ever feel like that? I feel crazy lol

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN