The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
0Kit0
SAHM's what do you do?
by 0Kit0
June 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I'm curious about what others do.

Does your responsibility end at the children and basic household duties such as keeping it ckean? Does it extend to outdoor activities such as the lawn maintenance or if you live north shoveling snow or raking leaves? Do you handle all of the shopping? Is there serious landscaping or gardening?

Does your husbands responsibilities end at making the money?

Replies

• sahmw2010
    June 15, 2013 at 6:32 PM
    I take care of kids, house, errands, cooking, plus my college classes. Hubby does mowing because my asthma acts up when i try
  • happysnappy
    June 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I volunteer at my church to keep my from going insane at home.  When I am home I make sure the laundry and dishes are clean.  I like the lawn care and gardening end of it too.  I bring my son to the bus stop and pick him up.  I am also in the process of looking for a job, but there isn't much out my way.

• soy_latte
    June 15, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    I do everything at the house - inside, outside, meals, bills, kids, etc.
  • kattcooper
    June 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    My husband makes money and that's all I expect of him! I have a very good education and could be making a lot of money but choose to stay home! He pays for everything and anything I want and in return I do everything at home! Although I do pay a landscaper to do the lawn!
  • Blestmomof3
    June 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I'm responsible for the kids when I'm alone with them.  When he is home, whichever parent is available to tend to the kids needs at a given moment does so.

I do 95% of the cooking.  If I'm tired, dh will grill something or make eggs.

I do 99% of the laundry but if dh needs something washed right now and I can't do it, he will run the laundry through.

He does all the house maintenance, lawn care and plants a garden each summer and tends it.

I process the veggies from the garden for the freezer.

He brings home most of the money but I babysit to help out.

• lovemymini
    June 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I do everything inside plus shopping.. The only thing my DH does is cook once a week and take out the trash:)

• 0Kit0
    by 0Kit0
    June 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    If he makes a mess like toss his clothes somewhere they shouldn't be or randomly eats something and puts the dishes in the sink, is it expected that you just clean it?

Quoting soy_latte:

• housewifehell
    June 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM

My husband thinks his job ends at making the money but yeah NO he should be doing his chores as well but usually i end up having to get mad about it before he does it and he even doesnt understand why its so hard for him to take the trash out when its right next tothe door or to put down the toilet seat.

• JP-StrongForTwo
    June 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I cook, clean, take care of DD, make sure she has socialization, as she is homeschooled, we go to the gym 3 times a week, and i work nights from home about 20 hours a week. 

I am about to be a single mom again. So I will be a single WAHM 

• soy_latte
    June 15, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    MmmHmm

He simply doesn't CARE if it ever gets cleaned. I'm free to just leave it if I want.

Quoting 0Kit0:

If he makes a mess like toss his clothes somewhere they shouldn't be or randomly eats something and puts the dishes in the sink, is it expected that you just clean it?

Quoting soy_latte:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts