The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
chinookie67
heart broken ...
June 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Mom assaulted by son...would love to chat w someone who has experienced the same.....so sad for us.....

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    June 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM

hugs momma. Sorry I have no experience.

• chinookie67
    June 13, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    Thank you....my son is 19 and an alcoholic. He punched me in the face and broke my nose back in March. I kicked him out ...and have forgiven him...but my heart is broken. I did everything with him growing up...I am a good parent....I just don't understand.
  • hugss
    by hugss
    June 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Big hugs to you hon,
    Have you tried some kind of counseling together?
    It is not your fault.  Perhaps you can help him get some help with the alcohol ..
    So sorry

• funhappymom
    June 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Have you considered attending al-anon? I know it's hard as a parent to realize that your son has stepped away from what you taught him but I think going to al-anon would be good for you. Did you file charges on him?

• LancesMom
    June 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Hugs! I am so sorry this happened. I would suggest family counseling.

• jconney80
    June 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this.

• mama23brie
    June 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    Please go to an al anon meeting and share. You will be overwhelmed with advice and support from people going thru the exact same thing. Google meetings in your area.
  • NDADanceMom
    June 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM

My twin is an alcoholic and at 18 he was thrown out for abusing my mom.  We are 40 now and he is in prison.  My mom was not a bad mom.  Her other 3 kids are all college graduates, home owners, we are all married to our high school sweethearts and none of us has substance abuse issues.  He is my twin so we were raised the same way, even in the womb.  There is no reason he turned out so bad. 

• ShadowLark
    June 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Addiction does that to people.  It's not your fault.  Heck, it might not even be HIS fault.  But he has to hit rock bottom himself before he admits it and gets help.  Until then, all you can do is stay safe and let him know that you're there for him when he's ready to get help.  HUGS!

• cornillia2013
    June 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    That's horrible! I never went thru that ..the only kind of abuse I've been thru was physically by an at the time bf...

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts