The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
evaleesmom
DISNEY WORLD?!?!
June 12, 2013 at 11:21 PM

we went to disney LAND a couple of years ago and im itching for a disney fix already!  i want to take the kids to disney world.. how many days should i plan on being there? and whats a good amount of $$ save up.. i roughly did an estimate thing with 6 days at one of the cheaper resorts, round trip flights (we are from texas), a meal plan and 4(or 5 i dont remember) and it came out to about $10,000! and thats not even including spending money!

Replies

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    June 13, 2013 at 12:44 AM

yikes.... first of all I would skip the meal plan and plan to eat no more than one meal a day in the parks... even the resteruants just outside the gates should be much cheaper... and do you really hve to stay at one of the resorts or would a standard hotel do? they tent to be considerably cheaper as well... but no matter how well you budget disney world will cost  quite a bit.

• letstalk747
    Joy
    June 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

wow , so exspensive

• Sweetest_Britt
    June 13, 2013 at 2:46 AM
    I would call a travel agent, I think you may be entering things you don't need!

It costs $3800 for my family of 5(not including air fare) to go!
  • alexis_06
    June 13, 2013 at 2:51 AM

wow, thats expensive!!

• snakegrl
    June 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    OK, here we go! Been going since I was 5 and I am 34 now. This will be our 3rd. Year with the kiddos. Mine are 5 and 6. OK, bring your own lunch food, and drinks with you in a soft sided cooler. I also bring a backpack with tons of snacks. Next, being from Florida go in the Fall around September and October. Plan a trip were you go a couple days to Disney unless you get a park hoppers pass and visit all the parks. Then pay a cheaper but smaller fee and take them to Mickeys not so scary. Its their Holloween party like the other parks do. Your kids can dress up, they pass out candy, there is The Best parade Ever that night, and Awesome special fireworks for that night. Its a special event so buy tickets online because it is cheaper. My girls would rather do 2 nights of that than a whole day there. Plus All the rides are open and not such a headache to get to. And it is at night so it is cooler. Get a hotel with at least a Disney shuttle. That way you can get around town. We stayed last year at a 4 star for.......$45 a night!!!! It was a awesome deal on Price line!!!!!!!! Hope this helps!!!!
  • valhallaarwen
    June 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Go to this website, http://www.allears.net/.  That should answer all of your questions.

• Kelguest
    June 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM

We've booked disney, we leave tomorow, kids are so excited. We are staying for 5 days, we are saying in a park hotel which was $1200, and a 5 day hopper pass which was also $1200 for 4.

We will eat out in the evenings and just have cereal in the hotel for breakfast!

• theresaphilly
    June 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yes, Disney is expensive. You can try a travel agency and might get a discount. When we went last Summer (family of six) it was a little over the $5,000 bucks (not including the air fare). We stayed for seven days also. Stop adding in the extras. Stay away from that Disney Dream Cruise you will be paying around $15,000 for a full week, it's worth it though.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    June 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I understand that the rates for passes have gone up, now it is almost $100 a day for adults. I like 6 days (5 nights) minimum. This allows some repeat parks and some down time at the resort pools. I've found that the meal plan didn't save us much if anything, so I wouldn't get it again. Park hopper passes are a good idea, only they are more expensive, and if you can figure out your plans and only go to one park a day, then you wouldn't need them.  Staying in a hotel nearby but not a resort hotel would save you a lot of money, and check, but usually they have shuttles to the parks and often free breakfast.

• haylemoon
    June 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM

We did a trip back in april...bought the tickets in Dec.  our total was about 6,000 with flight and such...that was 2 adults, 3 kids and 1 infant.  We did the deluxe dining and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside.  We did 5 nights and 6 days...the only thing we would change..is not going to the park on the day you leave...It was way too crazy...We loved having a dining plan..We ate one meal at the park..it was 83.00 for hotdogs..The meal plan saved  us a ton.  We also did a few of the character dining.  Loved Cinderella's Royal Table, not so big on disney jr. Hollywood and vine.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts