The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
namawlorie
would this make you mad? HELP
June 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM

my daughter had her baby at 26 wks along baby weighing 1lb 14oz she is in the nicu has been for 2  1/2 months now weighs a whopping 5lb .... the dad has denied her all thru the pregnancy n when came time for baby to come he was in the game went to hospital whole nine was goin to see her semi reg for a couple wks then stopped goin all together for a month n half or better sent his mom to babys hospital room in the nicu today with a home preg test she swabs babys mouth n says she already swabbed her sons that morn ....would this upset you am i the only one that finds this tad bit uncalled for....time n place way off n isnt the dad suppose to come and do it at the same time infront of a wittness???? opinions welcome advice needed cuz im heated!!!!                                           frustrated

Replies

• diegosmom828
    June 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM
    I would be hella pissed
  • frndlyfn
    June 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Talk to a lawyer about it.  From what i understand there does not have to be any witnesses for the swabbing.

• alexis_06
    June 12, 2013 at 2:50 AM

that would make me mad!! very  mad!!

• alexmommy2209
    June 12, 2013 at 2:52 AM
    Bump
  • 143myboys9496
    June 12, 2013 at 6:12 AM

You meant DNA? lol...

I wouldn't trust the father's mother..not 1 bit. You can go to court and petition a DNA test, which I'd do. Then when it comes out that he's the father, your dd can sue him for support. (understand she'll have to give visitation)

• Sunshine257
    June 12, 2013 at 6:18 AM
    This is not a popular opinion. I don't see the problem with DNA tests. I would be pissed he was off and on involved. He doesn't sound like a real winner.
  • jeweldragons
    June 12, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I'd be pissed.  Have your daughter petition the courts for a DNA test and if it comes back positive just be aware that the father can gain visitation rights to the child.  Good luck and hope baby gets better and gets to go home soon.  I was also a preemie-in the NICU for 7 months.

• DieselsMom
    June 12, 2013 at 6:22 AM

He waited until the baby was healthier...he wants to make sure that the baby is his before getting emotionally involved...I don't blame him one bit for that, if there is a question..Sure he could have gone about it a different way, but the act of getting DNA, and wanting to know...shouldn't make you mad!

• hugss
    by hugss
    June 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Definitely talk to a lawyer,
    Good luck & let us know what happens :)

• TheMetal
    June 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I find that he made the logical decision.

No matter what who tells you, trust that there may be a valid reason for his suspicion that the baby is not his. Your daughter may not be the perfect angel she says she is. I find it a bit strange that she would do his DNA test for him however, he may not have wanted the confrontation between the two of you.

It is wise of him to ensure the child is his before getting further involved. In essence, he is doing your end of the work for you.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts