The CafeMom Newcomers Club

texassahm
What would you do?
June 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM

What's your take?

If you have a loved one who died from a terminal illness...let's say, it's your mom, today is her birthday and you decide to post a picture of you and your mom on Facebook honoring her.

Do you choose a photo of you and your mom when she is well and healthy looking, or do you post a picture of you and your mom with her looking very sick?

To honor my late mother's birthday, I would post a picture on Facebook of me with her:
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 100% - looking healthy.
  2. 0% - looking terminally ill.

Replies

• yryssa1
    by yryssa1
    June 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    Post a picture of when they were the healthiest and happy. My dad passed away 8 years ago. I have a favorite pic of him and my DD when she was one. I like to post it in memory of him. He looked great. When he passed, he had lost so much weight :(
  • texassahm
    June 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM

FYI - This is not about me, it's about someone I love who lost their mom.  I think she is posting ill pics of her mom to get attention.  But I wanted to get other's opinions before I passed that judgment.  My mom did die (in 1989) and any time *I* post pics of her, it's always of her looking healthy and happy, because that's how I want others to remember her and that's how I remember her.

I just suggested the idea of a happy picture to her and she took it rather well.

• RADmomma
    June 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    I would go with happy & healthy because that's how I want to remember
  • liss.n.chris
    June 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    Happy & healthy.
  • MomGoneHealthy
    June 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM

everything we do should be done to try and create happy feelings!  Happy creates more happy and better life.  Dwelling on sickness, sadness, and trauma only creates more of the same.  More suffering doesn't mean you loved that person more. Post a happy and healthy picture!

• Sassy762
    June 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I would post the picture when she was looking healthy instead of when she was sick. 

So sorry for your loss

• pinkcoffeecup
    June 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I'd put something up of a happy time.

• ScrChk23
    June 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I have done both.  My mom's would be 60th birthday is this year.  I will probably do a healthy pic this year.

simple frown

• Gypsy_Moon
    June 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I think it's your choice!

• momofsixangels
    June 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I lost my Mom last year. I posted a pic of her with the grandkids.It was taken at the nursing home.She had alzheimers but in the pic she is all smiles.You post w/e you want!!! Sorry for your loss!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN