MrsCarnes88
11pm fire drill.. wtf....
May 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM
JUST A RANT......My biggest fear is a fire and not be able to get my family out.. that being said I live in a apartment building on the second floor my mother who has cancer is on the fourth(she is the reason DH and I moved to pa 4months ago).. any how 11pm and all fire alarms in the building are going off I'm in bed in a pair of DH boxer shorts and a bra he works nights so isn't here.. I panic run to my kids bed rooms wake my 8yr old dd up then yank my 3yr old ds out of bed run down two flights of steps and out side with the kids in my bra and boxers... Lovely right.. I leave the kids across the st with my neighbor and go back in for my mom the first floor is filled with smoke I wake mom up get back out side to find out one of the neighbours can't cook... Wtf if u can't cook please don't practice on a Sunday night at 11pm while most people are in bed..

Replies

  • knagsmom
    May 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    Glad ur ok. Give.person who can't cool some take out menus. Or offer to teach them how too cook
  • MrsCarnes88
    May 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    Thanks... I'm happy it was a false alarm... But I swear it scared the Hell out of me.. yea they need to stick with take out or the microwave.... I would offer to give cooking lessons but between my 8yr old 3yr ijs my husband and a baby on the way and a mother going thru chemo I'm lucky I have time to cook for my own family...
  • kansasmom1978
    May 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM

    Just because they burned a meal does not mean they cant cook. Sometimes shit gets on a burner and smokes like crazy. Shit happens. Be glad it was a false alarm. Last time an alarm went off at 11am here, our house was on fire. 

  • frndlyfn
    May 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM

    Oh man that would be scary.   We live in a different type of apartment complex where if one person sets off the sprinklers the whole building gets wet.  That is my fear since our electronics are not under umbrellas.

  • allornone
    May 27, 2013 at 2:31 AM

    I am glad everyone is okay.  Deep breath.

     Good time to check the smoke detectors so your kids wake up to them. Practice your escape plan to get out and where to go.

  • MrsCarnes88
    May 27, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    Ours are kinda like that all the hall way sprinklers we.t off but the one in the apartment won't go off till the smoke reaches them


    Quoting frndlyfn:

    Oh man that would be scary.   We live in a different type of apartment complex where if one person sets off the sprinklers the whole building gets wet.  That is my fear since our electronics are not under umbrellas.


  • MrsCarnes88
    May 27, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    Im sry to hear that I desk ur pain when I was pregnant with dd my mother in laws house was on fire it started with the neighbors and spread it was 2am and me n ez DH were asleep in the guest room and almost didn't get out I ended up hospitalized with smoke instalation.. u am thankful it was a false alarm.. and kno the neighbor can't cook he is a single 21yr old that is a family friend he just moved in a dew weeks ago and was drunk (having a party) ant tried to cook I kno he can't cook cuz my mother and I take turned feeding him every day...


    Quoting kansasmom1978:

    Just because they burned a meal does not mean they cant cook. Sometimes shit gets on a burner and smokes like crazy. Shit happens. Be glad it was a false alarm. Last time an alarm went off at 11am here, our house was on fire. 


  • notjstasocermom
    May 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM

    did you not call 911?

  • sahmw2010
    May 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM

     im glad it was a false alarm, but just because that neighbor was cooking doesnt mean they dont know how to cook. My friend started her apartment's fire alarm while baking a cake for a client that came in last minute. it happens to everyone.

  • Rust.n.Gears
    May 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM

    That's not even a drill though. That is an actual fire that can get out of hand. My father lit the kitchen on fire trying to cook. The fire marshal told him he is not allowed at the stove again. I am glad everyone is safe and yeah it is awesome you are there for your mom.