The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
smenjivar
A Question for those that have someone that is Deployed or that has been
May 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

My daughter has a school project where she has to send a care package to a soldier that is delpoyed. He is asking for snacks, good coffee and pots and pans. What are some snacks your person misses or that would be good to ship? Also what are some other things that he would need? 

Thank you for the ideas. 

Replies

• my4yahoos
    May 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    Anything that isn't chocolate. Granola bars, licorice, trail mix
  • my4yahoos
    May 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    Things to flavor water
  • lucky2Beeme
    May 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I used to send

pringles cause they made the trip because of the can.  the little donuts in the bags, any type snakcs like ilittle Debbie, bubble gum, hard candy, licorice,

paperback books, Itune cards, movies (dvds)

• CoastieWifey83
    May 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Chips, beef jerky, gum, breakfast bars, cheese crackers, fruit cups, power bars, ramen noodles, slim jims, tuna kits for food.

All kinds of toiletries are needed. Batteries are always needed, books, bug repellant, disposable cameras, pens and paper, socks, sunscreen, big zip lock bags.

• Hrmommyhswif09
    May 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    Water balloons and water guns from the 99cebt store are great!It helps them to cool
    off and joke around and get their minds off stuff.Snacks,send home made cookies or brownies in tupper ware, or in plastic baggies.Jolly ranchers or any hard candy like that,sun fliwer seeeds and beef jerky are great too :)
  • ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    May 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

homemade is always apperciated... chocolate tends to melt in transit.my husband always apreciated the little sinle servings of Koolaid  or gatorade.jerky is a favorite. think young ( almost adelesent) guys and girls mostly and even the older ones revert a bit... so something fun 

• nissadawn
    May 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

the biggest request ive had from family deployed was things like bug repellant, chapstick or carmex, sunscreen, batteries, and little travel type games or anything to help pass the time that is on the small side..

As far as snacks go it can be anything so long as it doesnt melt in high heat...also alot like the crystal light, milo, ect ect any of those things that you can add to water for flavor

• smenjivar
    May 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    So everyone pretty much is saying batteries. What size are most needed?

Quoting nissadawn:

the biggest request ive had from family deployed was things like bug repellant, chapstick or carmex, sunscreen, batteries, and little travel type games or anything to help pass the time that is on the small side..

As far as snacks go it can be anything so long as it doesnt melt in high heat...also alot like the crystal light, milo, ect ect any of those things that you can add to water for flavor

• Teeshann
    May 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM

my dh always asked for trail mix.

• KelliansMom
    May 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM

We are sending a friend jerky and hard candies and some fun toys (my son picked out somethings to send her lol ) powdered drink mixes 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts