GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
So, I was on Cafe Mom last night when.....
May 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Just got on Cafe mom last night, reading a post when my computer desk and chair, and the whole house for that matter, start shaking and I felt so dizzy I had an instant panic attack.. EARTH QUAKE! Husband was asleep on the couch, and nothing can wake that man up, so he didn't feel it, kids were jumping on the bed, so of course they didn't feel it either and I thought I might be going crazy till my sister text me, she lives 2 hours away, and they felt it too! I have lived in Northern California for almost 27 years now and that was the first, and hopefully last, earthquake I have ever felt.. It was such a sick feeling, like you are really dizzy almost...yuck yuck yuck.. Anyone else in Cali feel it?? I am in Rio Linda (Sacramento Area) and my sister is further North in Chico, and it was worse there, all her pictures were banging around on her walls.. This really doesn't help with my anxiety!!

Replies

• punchnpie
    May 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    Aawwww I missed it. I love earthquakes. As long as they aren't strong enough to destroy anything.
  • punchnpie
    May 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    Oh I'm in So. Cal.
  • Alyia72
    by Alyia72
    May 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    How have you managed to live in California and not feel an earthquake in 27 years??? I grew up there and it was a regular occurrence..
  • MrsKaufold1990
    I live in PA and wr had one two years ago.

My house shoke and my husband was asleep as he worked third shift, I thought it was the cat doing something lol
  • little.worthen
    I can't wait till that crap festival falls off the continent (and doesn't kill or injure anyone, just falls off peacefully)
  • GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
    May 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    Not sure! I grew up in Chico, and we never had big earthquakes there.. I guess I slept through the ones that happened when I was a kid, and was drunk through any that might have happened when I was a teen.

Quoting Alyia72:

How have you managed to live in California and not feel an earthquake in 27 years??? I grew up there and it was a regular occurrence..
  • GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
    May 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    Its 75% of the people here that make it such a crap festival... but you have people like that in every state so unless the whole USA disapears your screwed..lol... I hate it here and have wanted to move for years... This is just one more reason to do so!

Quoting little.worthen:

I can't wait till that crap festival falls off the continent (and doesn't kill or injure anyone, just falls off peacefully)
  • Lauren79
    May 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

My grandmother and mom live up in the Paradise/Magalia area and they said it was really bad up there. Talking to my grandma this morning she said it was a 5.7 and the epi center was 39 miles from them. She said it was HORRIBLE SCARY!!!\

Glad you are all okay. Have a great day and holiday weekend :)

• Bookoholic
    May 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    I was wondering the same thing considering I don't live there but my extended family does and I have lived there for a short periods in and out of my life.

Quoting Alyia72:

• ballerina.2006
    May 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    An old friend of mine is in Wheatland and was pretty freaked by it. I haven't lived in NorCal in about 12 years :( I miss it.