The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
HopeJoyPeace1
S/O Clothing post!
May 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I honestly don't buy ANYTHING.. With a logo..

Why?

Because a long time ago I took an advertising course at the local collage. Guess what the guy told us.. 

He went student by student and made us stand up.. And if he found any identifiable markings on your clothing.. He detailed how much the company had spent over the last year marketing that product.. And how you were freely advertising the company's products and were getting EXACTLY ZIP! From that moment on.. I have to say... I realized that EX.. Tiger Woods gets payed to wear Nike's LOGO..

And here I am being IGNORANT enough to spend hundreds of dollars to buy a pair of shoes..etc!

So I don't..

I save my money.. I still have nice looking clothes.. and.. The Advertizing agency's aren't getting me to mindlessly sell their shit for them!

Replies

• Imjustinsmommy
    May 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

i dont pay attention to  labels. if i like it & it fits &  all illwear it a no brand or a known  brand idc..  someone wearing it to ME  doesn't  make me want to buy it. we advertise everything we have  my iphone has a logo.. our cars,  my graco car seat & stroller.. if its good enough for me to buy & use.. i guess i dont mind if im helping & supporting them out really..

• HopeJoyPeace1
    May 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM

There are so many women especially who the label is what determines what they purchase.. 

If your buying it because you know the company makes good quality stuff.. that is one thing.. and not what I am talking about.

But I know there are women out here who wouldn't shop Walmart.. IF THEIR LIVES DEPENDED ON IT..

Shit.. I know there is one woman here who Lives near me and will shop at the trift stores.. And tells anyone who asks. Oh.. I buy gap etc there so I can save a buck... and then no one will know the difference.. Which is fine.. But if your trying to save a buck... Just buy what you think will fit.. don't buy things just cause it will camoflauge your "money issues"

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

i dont pay attention to  labels. if i like it & it fits &  all illwear it a no brand or a known  brand idc..  someone wearing it to ME  doesn't  make me want to buy it. we advertise everything we have  my iphone has a logo.. our cars,  my graco car seat & stroller.. if its good enough for me to buy & use.. i guess i dont mind if im helping & supporting them out really..

• lapcounter
    May 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    Uhm okay.
  • Imjustinsmommy
    May 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM

i hear ya. yeh thats not me. i do  think some brands are better than others like  dh  bought nike sneaks bc he wanted a good running shoe.. but  when it comes to appliances we DO shop by brand  to me that is where it matters  thasta  trust issue but clothes, not so much unless like u said its a good product. i have plenty of no  brand  clothes. but i also have brands too.. liek i said i dont try one way or the other.

Quoting HopeJoyPeace1:

There are so many women especially who the label is what determines what they purchase.. 

If your buying it because you know the company makes good quality stuff.. that is one thing.. and not what I am talking about.

But I know there are women out here who wouldn't shop Walmart.. IF THEIR LIVES DEPENDED ON IT..

Shit.. I know there is one woman here who Lives near me and will shop at the trift stores.. And tells anyone who asks. Oh.. I buy gap etc there so I can save a buck... and then no one will know the difference.. Which is fine.. But if your trying to save a buck... Just buy what you think will fit.. don't buy things just cause it will camoflauge your "money issues"

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

• HopeJoyPeace1
    May 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM

yes? a thought you would like to share?

Quoting lapcounter:

Uhm okay.

• Bookoholic
    May 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    I buy what's comfy, on sale, and fits. 99% of the time it does not have a logo on it.
  • HopeJoyPeace1
    May 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I was just at your post commenting..lol

Quoting Bookoholic:

I buy what's comfy, on sale, and fits. 99% of the time it does not have a logo on it.

• Bookoholic
    May 21, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    Yep I know lol.

Quoting HopeJoyPeace1:

I was just at your post commenting..lol

Quoting Bookoholic:

• meka26
    by meka26
    May 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Everything you wear has a name.

• onethentwins
    May 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM

On a similar topic, I would never ever buy my kids a pair of Air Jordans. Exactly how is getting kids to buy overrated, overpriced, shoes, giving back? I can't stand Michael Jordan.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts