The CafeMom Newcomers Club

LEMONS
Has anyone or do they now work at walmart?If so I have questions
by LEMONS
May 13, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I'm trying for a job at walmart and have some questions.What can you wear when your on the floor?Does it have to be a certain color?How much do you start at because its been a long time since I worked and I dont know what minimum wage is?Thanks debra

Replies

• KyBugsMommy815
    May 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    Here all employees have to wear khakis and dark blue or 'Walmart blue' shirts and minimum wage is 7.25 I believe. I have a friend who just recently quit from Walmart.
  • Mommy4-27-08
    May 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM
    Here it seems like Walmart employees wear whatever they want. I have literally seen some employees wear pajama pants while working.

Minimum wage all depends on which state.
  • LEMONS
    by LEMONS
    May 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Thank you so much

• AjCeCeMom
    May 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    What state do you live in?
  • KB2311
    by KB2311
    May 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM

DH was allowed to wear jeans as a cart pusher and that starts out at 7.25, but Ive heard they start women out as cashiers and that pays better, dark blue shirt and khakis

• frndlyfn
    May 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM

You have to ask your particular locations since each location can vary for uniform but basically as others have said khaki/tan pants and a navy blue shirt.

• LEMONS
    by LEMONS
    May 14, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I live inVA.Does anyone know how often they get paid?Thanks for talking to me .I'm just waiting for personal to call me for interview:)

• dtm1491
    by dtm1491
    May 14, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Depends where you are. Here in MA min wage is $8.25 and they wear dark blue shirts with khaki pants.

• MyStarLight
    May 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    They pay $8 here in California
    They were khaki pants and walmart blue shirts
    their name badges have their name in stickers whitch they can put however they want
    some are even slanted or just all over the place
    i dont work there but i have a friend that does
    plus i go to walmart since its open at 7am
  • ravenschick
    May 14, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    I work at Sams club which is part of Walmart. They pay much better and you can wear whatever you want!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN