The CafeMom Newcomers Club

irishluck112211
Kidney stones update
May 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM
So here the story. I went to the ER Tuesdays morning at about 230 with severe back pain. I had kidney stone about ten years ago also. So anyway they did and X-ray and said I had a 7.5mm kidney stone. So owner to the urologist Thursday. She sent me for a X-ray and ultra sound. Saying that I would probably have to have the surgery again like last time. So the results came back and the X-ray showed it hasn't moved at all its still sitting in my kidney. So she isn't convinced its a stone anymore. But what's throwing her is I have all the symptoms of one. So she sent me for a ct and I go back Monday to find out what we do. Now I have back pain but not too bad it's more like just an ache now. She is going to talk to the surgoen on monday to see ehat he thinks (shes a pa). Had anyone had the same thing happen? Has anyone had a kidney stone that didn't move at all before? Any input would help. Just stressing out now about what it could be. I am thinking the worse now because my dad had a tumor on his kidney before and kidney issues run in my family.

Update
So it's def a kidney stone and have to have surgery on Thursday.

Replies

• poshkat
    by poshkat
    May 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    My kidney stone was stuck in the tube on the way to my bladder, it was 9mm, painful as shit. I had to have surgery to remove it and they put in a stint for two weeks. Worst 2 weeks of my life. Hope things go well for you, hopefully much better than my experience.

We did have a little fun, we named it marky mark because it had rhythm
  • irishluck112211
    May 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    Mines not blocking anything just chilling in my kidney. Not cause too much pain at the time but Tuesday it was awful! I hope that's what it is just a stone and nothing else. Monday can't come soon enough. Being out of work for a week is awful. Especially bring a single mom but thank god my work is very understanding.

Quoting poshkat:

My kidney stone was stuck in the tube on the way to my bladder, it was 9mm, painful as shit. I had to have surgery to remove it and they put in a stint for two weeks. Worst 2 weeks of my life. Hope things go well for you, hopefully much better than my experience.

We did have a little fun, we named it marky mark because it had rhythm

• DSamuels
    May 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    The only time I had really bad pain with kidney stones was when they moving down the tube from the kidney to the bladder. That was excruciating pain. I have some small ones in my kidneys, but they don't cause me any pain.
  • poshkat
    by poshkat
    May 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    Quoting irishluck112211:

Atleast your job is understanding. I hated every second that thing moved. The night it made it out of my kidney I wanted to die. I'm pretty sure there's another one forming in there now, but I'm in denial about it. I don't ever ever ever want to go through that ever again.
  • debbieperez75
    May 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    I had kidney stones years ago and was on summer vacation in Texas and they put some kind of dye in my iv that desolved them and it hasn't came back.
  • irishluck112211
    May 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    Ya it sucks! Wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. Last time I had them I was in more pain because it got stuck but this one is just chilling there just making my back ache witch I can deal with right now. But nothing takes it away do I only take my pain meds at night do I can sleep. During the I use a heating pad. Any ideas to help with the pain?

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting irishluck112211:

Atleast your job is understanding. I hated every second that thing moved. The night it made it out of my kidney I wanted to die. I'm pretty sure there's another one forming in there now, but I'm in denial about it. I don't ever ever ever want to go through that ever again.

• poshkat
    by poshkat
    May 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    Quoting irishluck112211:

Heating pads are good. Every time mine decided to shimmy around I would jump up and start moving. Even if it was just to walk around or stretch. I needed to get my mind off it so I moved.
  • mommieof38829
    May 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    I had a stone the size of a d battery in my kidney for probably a good 3 years before I could get any doctor to do a ct.
  • LucyMom08
    May 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    I have chronic stones...I have 4-5 stones in each kidney right now...it sucks...
  • irishluck112211
    May 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    Thanks I will keep that in mind in case mine decided to stop be stubborn and move lol

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting irishluck112211:

Heating pads are good. Every time mine decided to shimmy around I would jump up and start moving. Even if it was just to walk around or stretch. I needed to get my mind off it so I moved.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN