The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
irishluck112211
Kidney stones update
May 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM
So here the story. I went to the ER Tuesdays morning at about 230 with severe back pain. I had kidney stone about ten years ago also. So anyway they did and X-ray and said I had a 7.5mm kidney stone. So owner to the urologist Thursday. She sent me for a X-ray and ultra sound. Saying that I would probably have to have the surgery again like last time. So the results came back and the X-ray showed it hasn't moved at all its still sitting in my kidney. So she isn't convinced its a stone anymore. But what's throwing her is I have all the symptoms of one. So she sent me for a ct and I go back Monday to find out what we do. Now I have back pain but not too bad it's more like just an ache now. She is going to talk to the surgoen on monday to see ehat he thinks (shes a pa). Had anyone had the same thing happen? Has anyone had a kidney stone that didn't move at all before? Any input would help. Just stressing out now about what it could be. I am thinking the worse now because my dad had a tumor on his kidney before and kidney issues run in my family.

Update
So it's def a kidney stone and have to have surgery on Thursday.

Replies

• poshkat
    by poshkat
    May 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    My kidney stone was stuck in the tube on the way to my bladder, it was 9mm, painful as shit. I had to have surgery to remove it and they put in a stint for two weeks. Worst 2 weeks of my life. Hope things go well for you, hopefully much better than my experience.

We did have a little fun, we named it marky mark because it had rhythm
  • irishluck112211
    May 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    Mines not blocking anything just chilling in my kidney. Not cause too much pain at the time but Tuesday it was awful! I hope that's what it is just a stone and nothing else. Monday can't come soon enough. Being out of work for a week is awful. Especially bring a single mom but thank god my work is very understanding.

Quoting poshkat:

My kidney stone was stuck in the tube on the way to my bladder, it was 9mm, painful as shit. I had to have surgery to remove it and they put in a stint for two weeks. Worst 2 weeks of my life. Hope things go well for you, hopefully much better than my experience.

We did have a little fun, we named it marky mark because it had rhythm

• DSamuels
    May 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    The only time I had really bad pain with kidney stones was when they moving down the tube from the kidney to the bladder. That was excruciating pain. I have some small ones in my kidneys, but they don't cause me any pain.
  • poshkat
    by poshkat
    May 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    Quoting irishluck112211:

Atleast your job is understanding. I hated every second that thing moved. The night it made it out of my kidney I wanted to die. I'm pretty sure there's another one forming in there now, but I'm in denial about it. I don't ever ever ever want to go through that ever again.
  • debbieperez75
    May 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    I had kidney stones years ago and was on summer vacation in Texas and they put some kind of dye in my iv that desolved them and it hasn't came back.
  • irishluck112211
    May 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    Ya it sucks! Wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. Last time I had them I was in more pain because it got stuck but this one is just chilling there just making my back ache witch I can deal with right now. But nothing takes it away do I only take my pain meds at night do I can sleep. During the I use a heating pad. Any ideas to help with the pain?

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting irishluck112211:

Atleast your job is understanding. I hated every second that thing moved. The night it made it out of my kidney I wanted to die. I'm pretty sure there's another one forming in there now, but I'm in denial about it. I don't ever ever ever want to go through that ever again.

• poshkat
    by poshkat
    May 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    Quoting irishluck112211:

Heating pads are good. Every time mine decided to shimmy around I would jump up and start moving. Even if it was just to walk around or stretch. I needed to get my mind off it so I moved.
  • mommieof38829
    May 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    I had a stone the size of a d battery in my kidney for probably a good 3 years before I could get any doctor to do a ct.
  • LucyMom08
    May 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    I have chronic stones...I have 4-5 stones in each kidney right now...it sucks...
  • irishluck112211
    May 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    Thanks I will keep that in mind in case mine decided to stop be stubborn and move lol

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting irishluck112211:

Heating pads are good. Every time mine decided to shimmy around I would jump up and start moving. Even if it was just to walk around or stretch. I needed to get my mind off it so I moved.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts