The CafeMom Newcomers Club

krystal007
Chlorine-Free Pool
May 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Hello:) 

I ,live in Asheville, NC and looking for a chlorine-free pool that i can take my 6 month old baby swimming. Does anyone know of any public pools or private pools ? 

Thanks Krystal

Replies

• mom_dl6
    by mom_dl6
    May 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I think all pools will have Chorine in them but i could be wrong !

• frndlyfn
    May 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Look online for your area that says salt water pools.

• frndlyfn
    May 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM

SLIDING ROCK

In the Pisgah National Forest you'll find a natural water slide. This slippery rock forms a mountain waterslide in Transylvania County on U.S. 276 near Asheville. The 60-foot, flat, sloping boulder is a perfect launching pad for thousands of visitors every year. Fueled by 11,000 gallons of water pumped down the rock each minute, Sliding Rock is a perfect place for chlorine-free fun.

While you're in the area, check out Looking Glass Falls, also on U.S. 276. The 60-foot waterfall is stunning and the wading pool below is perfect for children.

• bamababe1975
    May 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Hi! I don't live in the area, Krystal, but you might also want to check out the North Carolina Moms group, too, for more input:

Join us in the  North Carolina Moms group!

• elasmimi
    May 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I'm not in that area, sorry.

• JTROX
    by JTROX
    May 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My mom uses other pool chemicals that do not have chlorine.

Quoting mom_dl6:

I think all pools will have Chorine in them but i could be wrong !

• hugss
    by hugss
    May 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hi there,
    Do look online but I think most pools have to have chlorine :)

• ScrChk23
    May 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM

The only one I can think of, would be one that you get from Walmart or a store like that and you fill it in your backyard.  The small plastic ones.

• KelliansMom
    May 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    Like someone else mentioned look for a salt water pool. All though I believe most public ones will have chlorine in them.
  • krystal007
    May 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Hey :) thanks for all the relpies. Yes, I have googled it and thats why im asking on here because i could not find an answer other than the Grove Park Inn. Also not all pools have chlorine. There are saline pools or just non chlorine. As for going to the loal swimming holes the water will be to cold for her. 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts