The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wonderwomanT08
Help! idk what to do with my baby! *updated!*
May 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Nursing has been a battle for the last 3 months. I feel defeated :( He is now refusing to nurse. Im thinking he wants the bottle instead.

I try to.pump and get very little.. like one ounce from both sides put together.

UPDATE: to make the situation more clear my baby has a minor lip tie. Its more work and he favors one boob after the other. Last night he was refusing both. I gave him a bottle of formula so he wouldn't starve and tried nursing again in the night. And he nursed...both sides! He still is this morning. I have been holding.him differently on the side he doesn't favor ...he was.still pretty fussy. This seemed to help a lot! I'm thinking he is teething!

Replies

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    Could be a nursing strike. You should join the breastfeeding mom's group. Very, very helpful women in there! For now, just keep offering your breast.
  • shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    By the way, your pump output is great!
  • wonderwomanT08
    May 7, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    Idk if I can anymore. It hurts so bad

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Could be a nursing strike. You should join the breastfeeding mom's group. Very, very helpful women in there! For now, just keep offering your breast.

• wonderwomanT08
    May 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    It is? It takes that long and that many nursing sessions to get a full bottle?

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    Sounds like a bad latch. Could be due to lip/tongue tie! Please join the group. A lot of women went through exactly what you're going through!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• wonderwomanT08
    May 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    I know he has lip tie.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Sounds like a bad latch. Could be due to lip/tongue tie! Please join the group. A lot of women went through exactly what you're going through!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    Yup. Pumps don't even come close to doing what a baby's mouth does. Also, for the soreness, get some lanolin. You can apply it right before and right after each nursing session.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    Ouch! Gotta get that clipped!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I know he has lip tie.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• wonderwomanT08
    May 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Its not my nipple. My.entire breast is sore from.being engorged

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Yup. Pumps don't even come close to doing what a baby's mouth does. Also, for the soreness, get some lanolin. You can apply it right before and right after each nursing session.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Try to express by hand. That worked better for me than a pump. What pump do you have?

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Its not my nipple. My.entire breast is sore from.being engorged

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN