The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
wonderwomanT08
Help! idk what to do with my baby! *updated!*
May 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Nursing has been a battle for the last 3 months. I feel defeated :( He is now refusing to nurse. Im thinking he wants the bottle instead.

I try to.pump and get very little.. like one ounce from both sides put together.

UPDATE: to make the situation more clear my baby has a minor lip tie. Its more work and he favors one boob after the other. Last night he was refusing both. I gave him a bottle of formula so he wouldn't starve and tried nursing again in the night. And he nursed...both sides! He still is this morning. I have been holding.him differently on the side he doesn't favor ...he was.still pretty fussy. This seemed to help a lot! I'm thinking he is teething!

Replies

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    Could be a nursing strike. You should join the breastfeeding mom's group. Very, very helpful women in there! For now, just keep offering your breast.
  • shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    By the way, your pump output is great!
  • wonderwomanT08
    May 7, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    Idk if I can anymore. It hurts so bad

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Could be a nursing strike. You should join the breastfeeding mom's group. Very, very helpful women in there! For now, just keep offering your breast.

• wonderwomanT08
    May 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    It is? It takes that long and that many nursing sessions to get a full bottle?

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    Sounds like a bad latch. Could be due to lip/tongue tie! Please join the group. A lot of women went through exactly what you're going through!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• wonderwomanT08
    May 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    I know he has lip tie.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Sounds like a bad latch. Could be due to lip/tongue tie! Please join the group. A lot of women went through exactly what you're going through!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    Yup. Pumps don't even come close to doing what a baby's mouth does. Also, for the soreness, get some lanolin. You can apply it right before and right after each nursing session.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    Ouch! Gotta get that clipped!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I know he has lip tie.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• wonderwomanT08
    May 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Its not my nipple. My.entire breast is sore from.being engorged

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Yup. Pumps don't even come close to doing what a baby's mouth does. Also, for the soreness, get some lanolin. You can apply it right before and right after each nursing session.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

• shaunaleigh418
    May 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Try to express by hand. That worked better for me than a pump. What pump do you have?

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Its not my nipple. My.entire breast is sore from.being engorged

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts