The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
alecolby
is it just me?
May 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I'm starting to feel like I'm not a very good person to be friends with. I know, i know very negative thoughts. Just seems like i talk to someone and it doesn't last very long. Is it just me? Am i doing something wrong?

Replies

• lcappytan05
    May 7, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Nobody is going to be able to tell you without knowing you personally...kwim?
  • frndlyfn
    May 7, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I have this same feeling.  I have never been able to maintain a long friendship.  I think in part for me, i moved so much as a child, i never developed that skill fully within myself.  Friendships usually take work just like any other relationship.

• alecolby
    May 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    Its hard when only one of you is working on it

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have this same feeling.  I have never been able to maintain a long friendship.  I think in part for me, i moved so much as a child, i never developed that skill fully within myself.  Friendships usually take work just like any other relationship.

• frndlyfn
    May 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Yes  I have had to learn how to let go when the other person seems to have given up rather than push the issue.

Quoting alecolby:

Quoting frndlyfn:

• alecolby
    May 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    I think i need to learn to do that

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yes  I have had to learn how to let go when the other person seems to have given up rather than push the issue.

Quoting alecolby:

Quoting frndlyfn:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts