TableforSeven
Word travels fast in the animal-world **Update**
April 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

In the last week we have found homes for three very young kittens (eyes not even open yet) and a turtle.  

The kittens, DD and I found while walking to get groceries - they were in a tiny box, left out in the sun -- clearly someone was trying to get rid of them....we heard them crying.  There were three of them and they were so young that their eyes weren't open yet!  DD and one of her friends found a family willing and able to take them in and raise them.

Then we discovered a turtle living in our front yard.  We figured it was here to stay as it had been here for several days.  I posted a picture of it on Facebook and a family we know called me within minutes asking if they could have the turtle -- apparently they had been wanting a pet turtle but they are illegal to sell here (endangered species) so the only way to have a pet turtle is to find one.  So, they came and took the turtle to give him a nice home.

So, now I'm sitting in my bedroom and I could swear I hear crying.  It sounded like it was coming from under my window (our bedroom is on the first floor).  I go outside and see a tiny kitten quickly dive into a small hole at the foundation of the house right under my bedroom window.  This one seems older than the kittens last week....this one is obviously mobile.  I wonder how many kittens are under the house.  :-/  

I told DH that I just saw a small kitten crawl under the house....he said the animals must know that I/we have been finding homes for them and are all coming here now!  LOL

We have several adult cats that live in/near our yard.  There is an orange tabby and a grey/black tabby who are both here frequently -  they sleep in the planter outside of our upstairs window and in the odd opening/crawl-space connecting the first and second floors.  I'm assuming one of them is the mother.  We had kittens in the yard last fall as well - the grey cat was their mommy...maybe she is again.

**UPDATE**

So I saw them all today.  I heard the mother meowing outside and looked out to see all the kittens lining up on the ledge between out yard and the neighbor's -- there are 5 ADORABLE kittens!  3 calicoes and 2 orange/white tabbies.  I just want to bring them all in and keep them....but DH would KILL me - and our two cats would kill them.

Replies

• bamababe1975
    April 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM

LOL, yeah, it happens. We had a cat deliver kittens under our house and we adopted and tamed a pair of her kittens but the mom didn't come around us again until she had her 2nd litter under the house. Sadly, that litter almost all drowned during a rain storm. The one we rescued, we took care of until she was big enough to adopt out and then found her a good home. The first litter had 1 all black, 1 all grey, 1 red tabby, and 2 grey tabbies. The 2nd litter was all grey tabbies.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

• Paperfishies
    April 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM

What kind of turtle is it? 

• TableforSeven
    April 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Quoting Paperfishies:

Ummm - no clue.  Here's a picture...

• Paperfishies
    May 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

He looks like a Hermann's tortoise...too cute.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Ummm - no clue.  Here's a picture...

• TableforSeven
    May 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Bump for update

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    May 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Awwwww, how about that! You are so sweet to care for the animals.