connorsmom2009
Do u ever feel overwhelmed or under appreciated?
April 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM

NDo u ever feel overwhelms or under appreciated? Y do u feel this way? What are some tips you can give me when your feel this way? 

I definetly feel overwhelmed and under appreciated because my husband is always at work or school. So it's basically me all the time. With no help! 

Replies

• KairisMama
    April 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM

As a teacher, YES I do. Some parents seem do just want to nit pick and bitch about every little thing, and ignore the progress their child is making. Luckily those parents aren't a majority, but still, exhausting at times. :)

• Caitlin10081989
    April 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Yes, I feel overwhelmed and under appreciated. 

• Lonatart
    April 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Of course!  I feel like that all the time, add the fear that I'm doing something wrong, and panic that I've forgotten to do something vitally important to the mix too.  I also feel like I'm doing a kick ass job parenting, working, keeping everyone fed and clean, and being the most awesome wife on the planet.  I usually feel all of these emotions at some point every day.

Take a break, take a breath, and realize its ok to feel overwhelmed, just as much as its ok to feel like you're the most awesome mom on the planet.  Take every day one day at a time, and know that there's a wonderful child who is amazed by how great you are, and is incredibly lucky to have you! 

If you ever feel so overwhelmed you don't know what to do, call a friend, your mom or your doctor.  I've been there too, and it was postpartum depression.  You're never alone, someone is always there to help.  Even the other moms here at CafeMom.

• Ang9403
    by Ang9403
    April 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    I don't feel overwhelmed but I do feel underappreciated.
  • KendallsMommee
    April 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    Nope.

I'm a SAHM with a wonderful husband who shows appreciation for me, in some form or fashion, everyday.

I'm blessed.
  • Dzyre1115
    April 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Overwhelmed, yes, unappreciated, no.  My husband makes sure that no matter how much or how little accomplish that I know he appreciates it.  I have been married for twenty years to a man that is away from home, six days a week.  So I have always done it all, alone.  What gets done, gets done!

• cLanief
    by cLanief
    April 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    Cha!!! Mainly overwhelmed. My brain doesn't like to try and process too much chaos at once. I run away... mentally lol
  • Sshort28
    April 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    Wow. Wish my man would appreciate the things I do!
  • connorsmom2009
    April 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM

BUMP!

• stephaniemom13
    April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    I worked in the town of West, texas and lost my job cause i worked at the nursing home and it is completely gone and tgey said it will take at least 2 years to eebiild it & my child is due may 5 th and idk gow i am gonna provide for her without my income. I do havea wonderful husband who has a good job but not good enough to pay all our bills by himself and provide for our new born child and i can't get a new job cause nobody wants to hire the person who needa to be off for 6 weeks before i can go back to work. I have never been so stressed out in my life and i just wanna sit down and cry. I have always had a job since i was 16 years old idk what to do to even begin to fix this for my family.