The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
NannyPro12
Am I wrong for being upset?
April 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I am a 24 year old nanny with 6 years of infant/toddler experience. I have worked with twin infants for 2 years, then 2 families after. I really love my job( don't do it for $). I started a new job with 2 families for a nanny share. One boy is 4 months and the easiest, happier little guy. The other is 13wks and has colic+ acid reflux. I started with them this week and the first day the 13 wk old refused to eat or nap and the mom got upset and she took him home. Rest if the day with other baby was great! The other 2 days was at the 13wk olds place.

The mom was very up in my space. Her son has never been left alone and cries for everything. You have to hold him 24/7. When I try to give attention to the other baby, her son starts screaming and she tells me to tend to her son and the other will be fine. He only gets attention when he eats or has to be out down. He was crying and I was consoling him and the 13wk old woke up fussing. I was waiting to put baby A down but not even a minute later, the mom comes in, picks him up and starts belittling me.

Today I brought up my concerns with the mother of baby b. She sounded so supportive. 20 mins later mom of baby a calls me to talk. Tells me here is pay for thr week and it's boy working out. She said baby bs mom forwarded her the email and will send her check in the mail. She said I was unprofessional and incompetent working with 2 babies. I told her that I was suppose to talk to the moms separately about concerns( stated in contract).

I am beyond upset. Everytime I tended the other baby, baby A mom would be upset( even if her child was upset). I went to baby b mom and she didn't look at my concerns and sided with the other mom. Her husband had to take meetings in his car because baby A was inconsolable. I thought they would understand but totally went behind my back. Do I have a right to be upset?

Replies

• angevil53
    April 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    I would be happy to be out of there.
  • NannyPro12
    April 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM
    I am. I only worked 3 days with them. It just sucks that I had no notice and I'm out of a job until I find another
  • Fendermama84
    April 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    They sound like crazy manipulative people. I'm so sorry! I hope you find something better.
  • Seagodess
    April 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I think you got lucky by getting out of the situation. I think they were both crappy. If mom to baby A is there, she can take care of her baby and obviously wants to. Even if she works from home, if she is in your face the whole time you are there, there is no need for her to need a nanny.

Mom to baby B, well I dont even know. If you are not watching baby A anymore, than you can focus on just her baby so I dont see why she would let you go.

You say they couldn't afford a nanny alone. Does that mean you were charging for the price of only watching one baby when you were watching 2? I've heard of discounts for watching multiple kids, but its usually not so much that it makes a big difference if their is only one.

• NannyPro12
    April 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    @ Seagodess: I have no clue what Mom B was thinking. I think she just believed Mom A( they aren't friends). I got paid $18/hr which us good but Mom A said they couldn't afford a good nanny alone. Her child needs one on one attention but I think she can't afford it so went with a family who could. Mom B I guess is dumb for falling for Mom A. Hopefully she will see later on that it is Mom A and not me.
  • Seagodess
    April 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I've never used a nanny, but from what I've seen that is really cheap for 2 babies. Thats the price I've seen for 1 child. Heck, I've seen people on here talk about how they pay that much just for a baby sitter for a couple hours. I can understand how one of them couldn't afford it on there own (I couldn't, its more than I make a hour), but I dont think they are going to find anything cheaper unless they use a daycare rather than nanny.

Good luck on finding a new job. I'm sure you can do better.

Quoting NannyPro12:

@ Seagodess: I have no clue what Mom B was thinking. I think she just believed Mom A( they aren't friends). I got paid $18/hr which us good but Mom A said they couldn't afford a good nanny alone. Her child needs one on one attention but I think she can't afford it so went with a family who could. Mom B I guess is dumb for falling for Mom A. Hopefully she will see later on that it is Mom A and not me.

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    April 20, 2013 at 4:15 AM

sounds stressful...wow

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts