April 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Please help me on this situation

Replies

• .stella.
    April 19, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Same as any other family in my opinion.

• dougiesmom
    April 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Blended families are freaking HARD. I love my husband and all our kids, but some of the outside adults are absolutely horrible to try to deal with. My best advice: make sure you and SO are on the same page when it comes to how to live life in your own home, so that others can't pop up later and try to stir up trouble. United fronts stand strong.

• momtodab
    April 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM

We are  a blended family. I have a daughter from another relationship and he has 2 boys and one lives with us full time and we just had a baby together.  Not always easy but for me has been worth it.

• Nvmom10
    by Nvmom10
    April 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Being in a blended family takes a lot of work on both parents, I have been married to my husband 14yrs. My husband has 2 adult kids 29 & 26 and I have 3 adult kids 22, 24,& 28, all our kids live on their own or live with the other parent. Communication is crucial. If both parents are willing to respect each other, support each other with decisions that pertain to the kids then it can work, but if you see any indication in the beginning that one of the parents favors there kids over yours forget it, or if the tone of voice changes when there is problems with yours and not theirs, It's a big red flag.  If I had to do it all over again I would think twice about it.  Good luck

• AliKatAK47
    April 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    I don't think anything of them
  • MrsCarnes88
    April 19, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    I sorta have a blended family I have 2 kids ds3 almost 4 dd8 both from my first marriage.. DH dose not have any yet I'm expecting his first in Dec.. any way we make it work it was rough at first moving in together and figuring out DH roll in our lives and adjusting to my kids and now hr is an amazing father :) my ex husband and is also re married ne and the new wife do not care for her. (She was the other woman and has a son with my ex only 2 months older then our son together) but we are civil and the 4 of us adults constantly communicate.. I believe a blended family can only work when the parents/adults are communicating and co-parenting and keep what's best for the children a first priorty and their feelings good or bad out of it..to often if there are hard feelings with the other parents the children become pawns n used to hurt the other.. luckily I have been able to provide this for my kids with the help and understanding of my DH my ex and his new wife
  • l0nely
    by l0nely
    April 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Its tough for me. My husband has a son from a previous marriage and we have two kids together. Some people can handle it and some can't.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts