The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
wonderwomanT08
Putting a 2 month old on a sleep schedule
April 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM
DH says we should put our 2 month old on a sleep schedule. Right now he is waking.up every 2-3 hrs to nurse. I thought this was the norm at this age! He read nonlinear that he should be sleeping more. So I asked him just how we are going to do this and he doesn't know

Another thing he read nonlinear was that at his age he shouldn't be eating so often. Oh and get this! It said that if your baby is he may not be eating.enough. And you.should pump to see how much.your baby is eating! Uhhh...when I tried.to pump in the past I would get nothing to about an ounce...I'm pretty sure he is eating more than that! He is 13 lbs and wearing 6-9 month clothing and has an ENORMOUS amount of diapers ...lol

Replies

• Alyssasmommy412
    April 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

If the baby is hungry he will wake up and you should feed him, if he doesn't wake up let him be. My  friend had a baby in December and has been sleeping thru the night since about 6 weeks, all babies are different and you should take your cues from him.

• forsakenjewl24
    April 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

it's been 6 years since i've had a new born...i know my son was still sleeping a decent amount just starting to wake up more around that time. but i also tried to keep him up a bit longer through the day s he would sleep so i could do my job and supposrt us both. so i dont know how much help that was.  but here's a bump....

• Junebaby18
    April 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    Send him to kellymom.com.
    That is the best place to find out about everything Breastfeeding.
    Pump output is never a good indicator of how much baby gets. Normal is 0.5-2 oz both sides combined. Only count diapers.
    Putting baby on a schedule when Breastfeeding can set you up failure and low weight gain. Every 2-3 hours is very normal, even for a 10 month old. Breast milk is digested in approx 90 minutes.
  • bebe_ju-rah
    April 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    Oh boy! Lol My baby woke every 2-3 hrs to eat until about week 11. Now he sleeps for 5-6 hrs straight at 13 weeks. Bf'd babies eat more than ff babies. That's just how it is :)
  • wonderwomanT08
    April 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Oh that reminds me of another thing! I told him that BM is digested really fast and he mentioned supplimenting.him at night with formula...I'm not so sure that's a good idea!

Quoting Junebaby18:

Pump output is never a good indicator of how much baby gets. Normal is 0.5-2 oz both sides combined. Only count diapers.

Putting baby on a schedule when Breastfeeding can set you up failure and low weight gain. Every 2-3 hours is very normal, even for a 10 month old. Breast milk is digested in approx 90 minutes.

• kitty8199
    April 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Feed on demand.
  • kss12
    by kss12
    April 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    He's fine! Every baby is different. As long as you're ok with waking to feed him then that's all that matters. If he's hungry he will wake up, bm or not. Mine went through phases.. He slept through the night at 3 weeks for a number of weeks then went back to waking every few hours then went back to sleeping through the night. Good luck :)
  • Junebaby18
    April 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I would thrive the bottle of formula at night. If baby has a reaction to the formula, night is not a good time to experience it. You also need to pump for that missed feeding, or your supply will suffer.
  • wonderwomanT08
    April 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    He had some right after birth because he lost a lot of weight and he seemed to be fine.

I would pump...but is it going to effect him or my boobs when he is going through a growth spurt and eating more?

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I would thrive the bottle of formula at night. If baby has a reaction to the formula, night is not a good time to experience it. You also need to pump for that missed feeding, or your supply will suffer.

• JoshRachelsMAMA
    JRM
    April 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    I'm doing both. Works for us.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Oh that reminds me of another thing! I told him that BM is digested really fast and he mentioned supplimenting.him at night with formula...I'm not so sure that's a good idea!

Quoting Junebaby18:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts