The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
frndlyfn
Loose tooth help PLEASE **UPDATE 4/8***
April 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM

The tooth is now at point where dd can move it 180 degrees in her mouth and it is bleeding. How soon should it be falling out on its own?  She is stressing out that her mouth will be bloody when she goes to school tomorrow and her friends will get upset.

It is now out.  DD finally asked for a tissue to help the tooth out since it was hanging out of her mouth ha ha. 4/8/13, 4:36pm

Replies

• ilovemyrileybug
    April 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    Well my dad would've tied a string around my tooth and the other end to a doorknob and then slammed the door closed, and I would've watched my tooth fly accross the room. However I would call a dentist since its not going 360, it doesn't sound as if its ready to come out. Good luck.
  • LostInLove2002
    April 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    Poor thing. Get a tissue, grab it with your fingers. The tissue will help you keep a good grip. Give a light but firm tug. It'll be out in a second. ;) She'll be much happier. Give her another tissue to bite on to stop any bleeding. It really sounds like it's just a small bit of gum tissue holding it in place. Dh had his eye tooth hang. Wouldn't do a 180 but still was just hanging. I got a good grip and just pulled downward quickly. Gross feeling, he cried a bit but was THRILLED it was no longer flopping around in his mouth.
  • mattiehatter
    April 7, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    Give her An apple.
  • beadingmom17
    April 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    I would have yanked that sucker already, so I couldn't tell you, lol!
  • Cafe Robin
    April 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I bet it'll fall out on it's own very, very soon!  If it's bleeding, maybe give her a wet paper towel that she can chew on to absorb the blood.  It sounds like it's almost out...

• crazymom21
    April 7, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    I tie floss around my kids loose teeth and pull the string into a knot till it pops the tooth out. Though keeping it from slipping off the tooth is the hard part. Or just let it alone and it will come out on its own. The more she wiggles it the faster it'll fall out also.
  • frndlyfn
    April 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quoting crazymom21:

I tie floss around my kids loose teeth and pull the string into a knot till it pops the tooth out. Though keeping it from slipping off the tooth is the hard part. Or just let it alone and it will come out on its own. The more she wiggles it the faster it'll fall out also.

Thanks she wont let me touch it at all.  Hopefully we can brush teeth tonight.  I told her there is a higher premium for clean teeth.

• crazymom21
    April 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    Mine just really like money. I usually make them wait till its super wiggly. Though my 5yr old wasn't patient enough. He sat on the bathroom counter looking in the mirror till he got his first loose tooth out. He was so excited.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting crazymom21:

Thanks she wont let me touch it at all.  Hopefully we can brush teeth tonight.  I told her there is a higher premium for clean teeth.

• JoshRachelsMAMA
    JRM
    April 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    Salt water.
  • EsmeVincent
    April 8, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    If its that loose...why not pull it? Cold water should help the bleeding stop asap

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts