The CafeMom Newcomers Club

shaunaleigh418
This really bugs me!!
April 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Filling out Leilah's Kindergarten registration packet and it says, Ethinic group - please select one... Really?! She's a mutt lol! There was no "mixed" or "other" option so I selected all three. If they have a problem, then they should add other options. :)

Replies

• ATG499
    by ATG499
    April 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    She needs to identify with one or two races. She's gonna be confused later on about what exactly to indentify as on her paperwork.
  • ATG499
    by ATG499
    April 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    Use the two ethnicities that have the highest percentages.
  • shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    Why not all three? There's nothing confusing about it, it's who she is.

Quoting ATG499:

She needs to identify with one or two races. She's gonna be confused later on about what exactly to indentify as on her paperwork.
  • shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    It says to select one.

Quoting ATG499:

• shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    Btw, what would be the highest? I'm black and white, my husband is hispanic.

Quoting ATG499:

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    April 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

LOL I always mark Hispanic and Caucasian.  My kids are half Mexican and half Caucasian.

• bchic24
    by bchic24
    April 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    Here in London they have a ton of options! Even a simple mixed one but they also have all the different mix variations.
  • shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    Bump!
  • mamalacy003
    April 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    I feel u 100% there should b a mixed option or at least make options that say black & white hispanic & white n so on. There r too many different races in the world to just pick one. I have had to change my sons multiple times on alot of paperwork cuz ppl r dumb. They labeled him as white n then labeled him black. The last time I went in I asked do I look like I'm black n asked if his father looked white. They said no ma'am. I get kinda ignorant for them to make his black n white not just one
  • shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    Exactly. You are what you are. There's no changing that.

Quoting mamalacy003:

I feel u 100% there should b a mixed option or at least make options that say black & white hispanic & white n so on. There r too many different races in the world to just pick one. I have had to change my sons multiple times on alot of paperwork cuz ppl r dumb. They labeled him as white n then labeled him black. The last time I went in I asked do I look like I'm black n asked if his father looked white. They said no ma'am. I get kinda ignorant for them to make his black n white not just one

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN