The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
shaunaleigh418
This really bugs me!!
April 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Filling out Leilah's Kindergarten registration packet and it says, Ethinic group - please select one... Really?! She's a mutt lol! There was no "mixed" or "other" option so I selected all three. If they have a problem, then they should add other options. :)

Replies

• ATG499
    by ATG499
    April 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    She needs to identify with one or two races. She's gonna be confused later on about what exactly to indentify as on her paperwork.
  • ATG499
    by ATG499
    April 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    Use the two ethnicities that have the highest percentages.
  • shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    Why not all three? There's nothing confusing about it, it's who she is.

Quoting ATG499:

She needs to identify with one or two races. She's gonna be confused later on about what exactly to indentify as on her paperwork.
  • shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    It says to select one.

Quoting ATG499:

• shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    Btw, what would be the highest? I'm black and white, my husband is hispanic.

Quoting ATG499:

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    April 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

LOL I always mark Hispanic and Caucasian.  My kids are half Mexican and half Caucasian.

• bchic24
    by bchic24
    April 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    Here in London they have a ton of options! Even a simple mixed one but they also have all the different mix variations.
  • shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    Bump!
  • mamalacy003
    April 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    I feel u 100% there should b a mixed option or at least make options that say black & white hispanic & white n so on. There r too many different races in the world to just pick one. I have had to change my sons multiple times on alot of paperwork cuz ppl r dumb. They labeled him as white n then labeled him black. The last time I went in I asked do I look like I'm black n asked if his father looked white. They said no ma'am. I get kinda ignorant for them to make his black n white not just one
  • shaunaleigh418
    April 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    Exactly. You are what you are. There's no changing that.

Quoting mamalacy003:

I feel u 100% there should b a mixed option or at least make options that say black & white hispanic & white n so on. There r too many different races in the world to just pick one. I have had to change my sons multiple times on alot of paperwork cuz ppl r dumb. They labeled him as white n then labeled him black. The last time I went in I asked do I look like I'm black n asked if his father looked white. They said no ma'am. I get kinda ignorant for them to make his black n white not just one

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts