The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Bookoholic
im not be a paranoid over reactive mom right? update
April 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Ds has been getting sick more often the usual. But he was feeling and doing much better two days before the onset of these symptoms, which are tender tummy, he takes his clothes off within two hours max of me putting them on. I would think this is normal three yr old behavior except it is sudden on set, he also won't wear pjs. Then he also has excessive tiredness, within two hours of waking he could go back down for a five hour nap. When I try and keep his pants on he tells me his abdomen hurts. So by taking him to the Dr I'm not being over reactive and/or paranoid right?

update: made an appt with the soonest available which is Friday.

update 4/13: today right after Ds got in trouble and was no longer in trouble. We were headed to the table so he could play on my moms nook. He had it taken today till that point. Right as we got to the table he bent over and said his tummy hurts again. Dr wanted to wait till Monday to do any tests, so Monday we are going to get them done. I will also be calling to update the Dr. Anyways today during Ds's nap I felt around his tummy and I found a pea size lump near/around where a ovary would be if he was a girl. I will add a pic in a minute, of the location.
photo on page 2.

Replies

• frndlyfn
    April 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Nope  I would definitely get him checked out ASAP.

• Bookoholic
    April 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    Thank you, I wouldn't be so concerned had his tiredness not be a factor. It was today that hit me, he was so tired everytime I told him no on something I got the water works, and then when I told him it was nap time and time to lay down he started crying and telling me his pants hurt his tummy. And while watching tv/cleaning I started to think about the day and well that's usually when my brain puts prices together.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Nope  I would definitely get him checked out ASAP.

• 143myboys9496
    April 1, 2013 at 4:44 AM

IMO, you're NOT over reacting to see the dr.

Hope you find out what's going on.

• BrownEyedGirl86
    April 1, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    This was dd this past week.
    It was scary I was stressing she was barely eating and just sleeping and whining laying on the couch. (She is going to be 6 in less then a month) and so not like her to lay and relax it was not my child. Anyway turned out it was nothin she had a stomach bug one day and it just took her body that long to recoup.

Best if luck w your son. Trust your gut
  • PoisonousHoney
    April 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM

He might have a tummy bug. I say take him in just for peace of mind if nothing else. Maybe there is something going around you didn't know about. =)

• onethentwins
    April 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Not at all. 

• Pink.Frosting
    April 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I would get it checked out too.

• RADmomma
    April 1, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    I would get it checked out.

Is he constipated?
  • kjfamily
    April 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    Could be mono
  • Maevelyn
    April 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM

no abdominal pain isn't something  you ignor. 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN