The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
mommyshere
Do you look your age?
March 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

People used to tell me that I looked younger than I was but I think I'm starting to look my age now that I'm in my 40s. Not sure if I'm happy about that!

Do you look your age?  What do people tell you?

Replies

• SuperPickle
    March 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Evidently I dont LOL. Just today I posted a pic of me holding my friends first published book. She wanted to use it on her promo page and mention that we went to school together. Her editor vetoed that because I looked WAY too young. If she mentioned we went to school together people would assume she was really young too...he was concerned because people tend to not take "young" writers seriously. When she told him that I was her age and had 3 boys 10 and under he was astounded LOL. He said he thought I was no more than 20ish.(I am 32)

That whole convo totally made my day!

• honeybee69
    March 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I always have people thing that I am younger than I am. Even now and I am 43. I had a coworker think I was 32, my oldest will be 19 this year and I was not a teen mom.

• MrsApple
    March 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I'm always told that I look a lot younger than my age (I'm 29).Sometimes it makes me feel good...others not so good,especially when I'm told that I look like a teenager when on a date night with my husband (of 7 yrs!) I'm at the point where I want to look younger than I am but still look like an adult!

• cLanief
    by cLanief
    March 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    People used to tell me I looked too young.... not I'm just old, crotchity, and haggard
  • hypnautica
    March 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    I'm 32 and got asked for my ID when I bought a beer the other day but they didn't ask dh.
  • jojo_star
    March 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I don't. Most people assume I'm a teenager, and I get carded everywhere, the last time was this week for superglue. I'm 25, btw, with an 11 year old son, 14 year old stepson, and raising my 15 and 16 year old niece and nephew, and I'm a nurse. I have run into issues because of it, but for the most part, it's ok. 

• pjcmcgee
    March 22, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Little enough my 42 years that when I've gone in to pick up my ninth-grader at school dances, I've been mistaken for one of the kids and told by administrators to be in the gym with everyone else. Kiddo the eldest doesn't want me hugging on him cause he's said that kids his age think I'm his girlfriend. It makes me laugh. He's already 6 feet and I'm 4'11", so that adds to the illusion I'm a "kid." Tell ya, that's one of the perks of being a mom -- when I can mortify my kiddos.

• Autumn19
    March 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM

no but im ok with that. Im almost 25 and everyone thinks im 17 or 18. my mom is in her 50s and still looks good so hopefully i will to.:)

• Pooobaihr
    March 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Nope. I don't look my age at all.

Depending on how I'm dressed will determin what age they think I am.

I get aged between 14 and 21. Never my actual age. 28.

• elliotmommytobe
    March 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Apparently I look 30s to 40s. Which im not

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN