The CafeMom Newcomers Club

jenven24
HELP - Going to Disney with 2 YR old TWINs
March 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM

so we are going to disney next month with the family...  there will be 15 adults and 5 boys under the age of 3.  I know - we're crazy... but this is what my mom wanted to do for their anniversary.  

My husband and I have twin boys - 29 months by the time we go in April...

Can anyone suggest :

do we bring our cars seats to use on the plane?  or just skip them and rent seats with the car?

i have 1 stroller that has the second seat down in the cargo area... we dont use the stroller much so its great when i'm in a store since it is single file and compact, but not good for days out... no reclining if the second seat is in place and the kid on the bottom is literally sitting in the cargo pouch.

so do we purchase second single stroller so each kid has a good view and recline?  or are you able to get around with the side by side twin strollers?  I'm thinking Disney is too crowded for that...

or should we rent the city mini's available from off site vendors?  and again, two singles or a twin side by side?

any other advice?

Thanks

Replies

• CountryGirl0809
    March 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    There's no way I'd ever go to Disney with twins that young! Twins or not I wouldn't take mine! Lol.
  • Aleta775
    March 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    You are crazy. My suggestion.......wait until all of the children are 5 or above. THEN go to Disney. You are all asking for misery, and your mom is out of her flipping mind. LOL. Her heart is in the right place, but you will be asking a lot from all of those little ones. Be prepared for a lot of tantrums from tired kiddos.
  • NearSeattleMom
    March 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I took an almost-3-year old to Disney World.  (My other kids were older.)

She did better than my 12-year old twins!

We took an umbrella stroller which was pretty handy and easy to fold down to get on transportation.  (Glad I had it in the airport, for instance.)

Since there are so many adults going, it would probably be easy for you to have two strollers since two adults could help push them.

Are you doing to Disney World or Disneyland?  I think Disneyland is so much easier to manage than Disney World. 

Anyway, check out the DISNEY group here for more help.  I hope you have fun!

(Oh, and I brought my own car seat--I check it as luggage which I now hear you are not supposed to do, but that's what we did.)

• Cafe Robin
    March 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM

You are going to have a ball!  We go to Disney at least once a year and I've been taking my 3 kids since they were newborns. 

To answer your questions...

No need to bring car seats unless you're renting a car and want to save a little money.  It'll probably be a lot easier not to bring the car seats. If you're staying on property, I suggest taking a car service or the free disney bus.  The car services will provide car seats - just let them know you'll need them when you make the reservation.

For the stroller, I suggest getting a side by side so both kids can see what's going on.  You can get a cheap unbrella style side by side stroller that reclines sio they can sleep when they're tired.  You can roll right into the monorails and everywhere with a side by side.  We have this one (or something just like it):
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10870818&searchURL=false

We've gone through a lot of strollers over the years (singles, sit and stands, etc) - for this one, I wanted something very simple, lightweight and easy to fold.  It has a parent tray and I hang a tote or 2 from the handles.

You should join us on our Disney group, too...

Join us for some fun on the DISNEY! group

You could rent a side by side but it'll be cheaper to buy one and you can use it again and again after the trip.

Do you know where you're staying?

• honey27
    by honey27
    March 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    Have fun I did it with my twins and it was hell. Went with the same amount of people also if not more and I begged my mom to take them because she wanted to leave early. It's a lot at disney.
  • IAMmomtotrips
    March 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Disney

We did disney land with my triplets at 2 and we had a blast! I highly recommend the animal backpacks!
  • disgustipated
    March 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM

DON'T DO IT!!!

• IAMmomtotrips
    March 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Disney2

We also used the double umbrella strollers as far as carseats....we stayed on site so we took the disney bus from the airport and it didn't have seat belts anyway, so we just held them in lap on the buses.
  • mtnaspen
    March 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    We took our triplets to disney land at 15 months for their first time. We had a side by side triple jogger and it was wonderful. Crowdes parted like we had a cattle gaurd on the front of it. The first time I took my older girls to disney we took a front to back stroller and the one in the back was always leaning out to see what was going on
  • IAMmomtotrips
    March 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    We took the triplet stroller the next year and other than the hassle of getting through the gates the crowds did the exact same thing! It was great! Lol!

Quoting mtnaspen:

We took our triplets to disney land at 15 months for their first time. We had a side by side triple jogger and it was wonderful. Crowdes parted like we had a cattle gaurd on the front of it. The first time I took my older girls to disney we took a front to back stroller and the one in the back was always leaning out to see what was going on

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN