The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
cmbence
Possibly pregnant and on BC - thoughts????
by cmbence
March 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Hi! My name is Cortney and I'm new to te site! I wanted to get some opinions on my current situation. I have been experiencing MANY pregnancy symptoms lately even though I am on birth control. I started spotting last week(right in the middle of my cycle but only for a day max) and since then, the symptoms have progressed. Sore and very tender breasts, cramping, bloating, darker nipples. I even got a positive test on Monday (yesterday). Went to my dr yesterday after work and urine test game back negative. Took another test this morning but more negatives. I also went for bloodwork his morning but won't get results till tomorrow.
Has this ever happened to anyone and if so, were you in fact pregnant? I am not sure if it is just too early for a hpt to confirm. My hubby is soooo excited. This will be our second child. Could I definately be pregnant even though I am on the pill (loestrin - very low hormone pill).
THANKS!!!!

Replies

• angelasmom27
    March 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    Very low hormone! Yes you could:) and welcome to cafemom
  • Katiebear83
    March 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM

i got pregnant with my first while on the pill I took it perfectly still got pregnant. it's possible, but you should still get a positive pregnancy test if you were pregnant.

• Hani_Mommy
    March 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    I have two boys not just one because of that pill!! Welcome!
  • cmbence
    by cmbence
    March 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    I only got one positive test so far. I have not missed my period yet, which i am scheduled to get next week so it is extremely early. I feel like my doctors are looking at me like i have 10 heads! Hahahaha
    I just can't wait to get a solid confirmation so i can either stop or continue my pill. FRUSTRATING!!!
  • kahlansmommy
    March 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Oh, yes.. it is so possible you may be expecting. However, if you are still taking the bcp, please stop. Congratulations may be coming your way.  I got pregnant twice while on the pill. :)

• Caitlin10081989
    March 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Hello Cortney, welcome to cafemom. 

• cmbence
    by cmbence
    March 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    I thought i should stop as well, but my dr advised me to keep taking it until the results of the bloodwork which i thought was odd!
  • Schauseil
    March 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    be careful. A friend of mine almost lost a baby because her body was not consistantly making the pregnancy horomone till she was 4 months.
  • SRUsarahSC
    March 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM

welcome to Cafemom--where the BC failure rate is well over 90%!

• trainlady
    March 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Anything is possible. Birth control is not 100% in any form. A friend of mine's husband had a vasectomy and 15 years later she got pregnant. Well first crack out of the box he thought she had been fooling around even though they had had a wonderful marriage. But she professed her innocence and he went to the doctor for a test. Come to find out some of his little guys had gotten loose because the vasectomy over the years and moved around and the valves opened up again. So all was calm about that and they enjoyed their beautiful baby girl some nine months later. He went back in and had another vasectomy, but this time he had them cut, peeled back and tied off so there was no possible connection. But as I said anything can happen. You might have had a surge in hormones at the precise time of conception that allowed this to happen and over powered your BC. If you are pregnant congratulations and love it. Its wonderful that your husband is excited. Mine always was through all four and he was a wonderful father.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts