madwifa
Jeans how old it too old?
by madwifa
March 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I see the store full of torn patched jeans. How old is too old for someone to wear those.

I was in American Eagle the other day and  saw some. I was looking for some new jeans and the tore ones were the only ones in my size so I ask him do old ladies really buy and wear these. He said everyone asks that and yes they  do. I got a pair and wore them today they are comfortable but I felt slouchy all day mostly when I looked down at my pants.

Replies

• Paperfishies
    March 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    I think pre distressed jeans are hideously tacky. Any age is too old, IMO.
  • lapcounter
    March 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    I am in my 40's the jeans I have on today are extremely with just a couple little holes. I say if you're comfortable who cares.
  • madwifa
    by madwifa
    March 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

That was it I was not really comfortable I felt weird all day I guess I don't really like they way they look the feel is good but I don't like the look

• Arwyn724
    March 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I thought you meant old jeans, not old people.  My sister has a pair of hip-hugger flares from 1973 when she was in high school, that her best friend covered in embroidery.  they are truly 'vintage', and she can still fit into them.

• madwifa
    by madwifa
    March 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM

lol nope I ment old people wearing old worn out jeans lol the new old is weird to me hers are for real old and prob back in style.

Quoting Arwyn724:

I thought you meant old jeans, not old people.  My sister has a pair of hip-hugger flares from 1973 when she was in high school, that her best friend covered in embroidery.  they are truly 'vintage', and she can still fit into them.

• thatgirl70
    March 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I have no idea, but I personally don't like them and never did. They gained popularity when I was in high school 20+ years ago and it was never a trend I embraced, though many of my classmates did.

• madwifa
    by madwifa
    March 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Yea me either. I really regret getting them I feel I wasted 60 buck but on the other hand I had them on last night and get this dh liked them he really liked them. Who knew? lol

Quoting thatgirl70:

I have no idea, but I personally don't like them and never did. They gained popularity when I was in high school 20+ years ago and it was never a trend I embraced, though many of my classmates did.

• Mrs.Brugger
    March 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

i understand that style. why would you pay a ton of money for jeans with holes in them? Buy a cheap pair and ruin the shit out of them. Bam. Same thing. lol

• madwifa
    by madwifa
    March 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

lol I konw right I thought the same damn thing. When I got them home I thought hell I can't even put anything in the back pockets they have holes in them too.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

i understand that style. why would you pay a ton of money for jeans with holes in them? Buy a cheap pair and ruin the shit out of them. Bam. Same thing. lol

• jobo
    by jobo
    March 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Im old and I wear what I feel is fashionable and comfortable..