The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
strawberryLVR
baby is 21 months and CLINGY!
March 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I don't know why my baby is like this but she just wants to be held all the time and cries. She is like an extra appendage to my husband he can't put her down with out her freaking out? I think she's probably spoiled, I am not sure what should be normal for this age. my other kids were not like this but they are boys. no idea if that makes a difference. We have stuff to do, I just don't feel like she needs to be held ALL the time! She LOOOVES her daddy and when he's gone she loooves me and she cries when either of us leave the house.

What do you think should be normal, and what do we do? She is slow to talk, just like her brother was. one day he just started to talk it's like he was listening then decided to talk. I think she'd be less fussy if she was able to talk. I need to learn baby sign i think...

Replies

• MusherMaggie
    March 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    It's actually a normal developmental stage. She's reaching lots of milestones, but language hasn't quite caught up yet. Also, the period from the half-year to the next birthday is a time of disequalibrium for little ones. Try reading to her, baby massage, even mixing cookie dough. If you giver her attention now she will be more independent at the appropriate time.
  • ccmvm
    by ccmvm
    March 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM

my 21 month old is the saaaaaaaame way. mamamamamamama at my leg all day long. im constantly telling him mommy has things to DO other than hold him all day. it's tough, i want to cuddle and coddle him all day but i just cant, there are things i have to get done.

• AmberRose1122
    March 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    Get a carrier. It frees up your hands and makes the child feel secure. They will only be little for so long, and it's not spoiling them to hold them. They naturally crave your affection and touch. Give your baby all the attention she needs now to set her up for independence and security in the future.
  • Ciaodarlings
    March 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    This.

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Get a carrier. It frees up your hands and makes the child feel secure. They will only be little for so long, and it's not spoiling them to hold them. They naturally crave your affection and touch. Give your baby all the attention she needs now to set her up for independence and security in the future.
  • jconney80
    March 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    Yup totally agree. It isn't spoiling a baby to meet their emotional needs as well as physical needs. It makes them more independent in the end. I wear my kids from birth through toddlerhood. My son is so well adjusted and independent

Quoting AmberRose1122:

• jconney80
    March 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM
    Look into getting a Boba carrier and then you can get stuff done and put her on your back
  • AmberRose1122
    March 4, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    Mine too!

Quoting jconney80:

Yup totally agree. It isn't spoiling a baby to meet their emotional needs as well as physical needs. It makes them more independent in the end. I wear my kids from birth through toddlerhood. My son is so well adjusted and independent

Quoting AmberRose1122:

• trainlady
    March 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Why would you want to nip it in the bud? You are only going to have her for so long and then she goes off to school and believe me you are going to miss her. Whatever it is you have to do around the house is not nearly as important as your child. Why do you even have a child if you don't want to be close to her? She is insecure and needs the closeness of your bodies. Cherish this time because one day it will be gone and you won't have the cherished memories to keep you company. Try bringing other people into the house that she will get used to and enjoy being with. The only thing I would be concerned about is as she grows if she doesn't out grow the "clingy" stage she may hook up with someone that is not a good person when she gets to school age and get hurt by this person. You might want to have her psycology tested to be sure she doesn't have something like a syndrome that might need further therapy or medication.

• gsmom9
    by gsmom9
    March 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

enjoy them baby snuggles while you can.

• flowerfunleah
    March 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

You could always try babywearing her. 

If not you could put her on the floor, play with her a bit, get her nice and distracted, and then get up but stay in visual range.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN