The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
kttycat84
letter 12c from the IRS
March 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM

I filed my taxes on the 22nd of January. They were accepted by the IRS on the 1st of Feb. Feb 5th, the status changed back to pending. Last Saturday, I got a letter 12c from the IRS stating that i hadn't filled out a form regarding estimated tax payments. I didn't make any estimated tax payments, nor was I required to. I called them and was told the letter was probably sent by mistake and to fax it back, along with a note telling them that I didn't make any estimated tax payments. I did that a few days ago and was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to hear back from them. I'm kind of worried we're going to get audited or something and the people I get ahold of when I call don't seem to know anything. They just keep saying there's nothing in my file that would have caused the letter to get sent in the first place. I'm getting so frustrated!!!!

Replies

• kttycat84
    March 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM

bump :)

• CBMomma42
    March 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I don't know anything about that..but just wanted to say that it doesn't seem like anyone at the IRS knows what they are doing? Everyone I know is getting their tax money back quick, like within 2 weeks. My fiance did his on Feb. 4th and we are still waiting. His status is still pending and its been pending for 3 weeks...we are so frustrated. I'm in that group with people who went to college last year so mine is being held up because of that extra paper that was not ready until Feb. 15th. Fiance called the IRS twice and neither one of the women he spoke with were able to tell him much. Just that everything looked fine and he should recieve his return soon? We have gone from excited because we are getting a large amount back to pissed off to we don't even care anymore. We are in desperate need of this money to pay off medical bills and other bills...the IRS is clueless.

• kttycat84
    March 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM

From what I got when I called, they can't tell you much until the 22nd day after your return is accepted for processing. Something about their system not having the info available to them before then. I wish you lots of luck, but it sounds like your fiance might be getting a letter too...That's how my situation started out. Everything looked fine until their systems gave them more info and then all of a sudden it didn't. :(

Quoting CBMomma42:

I don't know anything about that..but just wanted to say that it doesn't seem like anyone at the IRS knows what they are doing? Everyone I know is getting their tax money back quick, like within 2 weeks. My fiance did his on Feb. 4th and we are still waiting. His status is still pending and its been pending for 3 weeks...we are so frustrated. I'm in that group with people who went to college last year so mine is being held up because of that extra paper that was not ready until Feb. 15th. Fiance called the IRS twice and neither one of the women he spoke with were able to tell him much. Just that everything looked fine and he should recieve his return soon? We have gone from excited because we are getting a large amount back to pissed off to we don't even care anymore. We are in desperate need of this money to pay off medical bills and other bills...the IRS is clueless.

• kttycat84
    March 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM

One more bump...I'd really like to hear from someone else who's been through this.

• Loveconner10
    March 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Hi. I actually received the same letter today from the IRS. I filed my taxes on 2/2 and just got this letter. I have NO clue what this means. Did you get any help with your letter. I have no idea what to send or what I'm supposed to say. Mine noted  (please tell me if your said the same).  : Your tax return dies not show all your payments for the tax year.please tell us the amount and date of any estimated tax payment for the tax year of this return and the amount of any payment applied to this tax year from the refund from the immediately proceeding tax year.   Huh????? I'm not understanding. I've never made tax payments.  Does anyone know what this means?  Thanks! ;).  Kittycat84 did you get yours resolved? 

• noahscott
    March 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM

omgosh.. i have no idea. we filed ours on the 2nd and it was deposited into our account on monday. i don't understand any of the crap they send me. thank goodness the W2's and turbotax are stupid proof and labeled with the numbers to match up or i would never be able to do it.. lol. i hope you figure it out soon..

• kttycat84
    March 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

No resolution yet :( I'm going to call them Wednesday if I still haven't heard anything. I figure I should give them about a week from when I faxed them the note to give them time to update my file. Let me know if you get yours resolved before I do. I'm sorry you're having issues too. I've never had trouble with my taxes before and I'm getting kind of ticked off this year!

*Edited to add that yes, mine says exactly the same thing!

Quoting Loveconner10:

Hi. I actually received the same letter today from the IRS. I filed my taxes on 2/2 and just got this letter. I have NO clue what this means. Did you get any help with your letter. I have no idea what to send or what I'm supposed to say. Mine noted  (please tell me if your said the same).  : Your tax return dies not show all your payments for the tax year.please tell us the amount and date of any estimated tax payment for the tax year of this return and the amount of any payment applied to this tax year from the refund from the immediately proceeding tax year.   Huh????? I'm not understanding. I've never made tax payments.  Does anyone know what this means?  Thanks! ;).  Kittycat84 did you get yours resolved? 

• kttycat84
    March 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Thanks :) I used hubby's W2, my 1099 and H&R Block's online software which is idiot-proof. Fill in the number from the box, right? I have no clue what the heck is going on....

Quoting noahscott:

omgosh.. i have no idea. we filed ours on the 2nd and it was deposited into our account on monday. i don't understand any of the crap they send me. thank goodness the W2's and turbotax are stupid proof and labeled with the numbers to match up or i would never be able to do it.. lol. i hope you figure it out soon..

• AjsMom0508
    March 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    This is why I hire a CPA to do my return. If anything like this were to crop up he would have it straightened out for me. I know a lot of people use the software but it seems to be more hassle than it's worth. I have no idea what your letter means. Hopefully you can get it figured out without an audit.
  • Loveconner10
    March 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I called the IRS today!  They applied someone's 13,000 tax payment for this year to my SS# !!  Crazy huh.  They said the number was 1 off from mine so it was their mistake.  Things like this is what happened with my history of fraud to my ss#. Someone bought a house this past year with my ss#, but it was the banks fault. They processed all of it under my ss# because it was "1 number off". grrrr. Ive been through alot with my SS#!! I think i need a new one!  SO hopefully everything is resovled. I am sending a letter still.   Hope yours get resolved too!!  :)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts