The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
kaylasmom22
How do people do Weight Watchers???? its hard
February 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM
My friend gave me the pocket guide of points and I want to start dieting but its hard. She lost lots of weight but she is single and has time to cook one carrot for meal if needed be. I can't cook 2 meals at home and on top of that measure and count points. If you did weight watchers how you did it? If not give me dieting tips please.
Fyi:.I love bread and hate exercising.

Replies

• thatgirl70
    February 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

It's really not that hard. It's a lot easier when you use eTools or their calculator. Unfortunately you only have access to those if you're a member.

And you don't have to limit yourself to at home meals only. There are alot of options out there.

Just a note, bread is pretty high in points, particularly rolls. Sara Lee 45 calorie bread is the lowest you'll find, 2 PP for 2 slices.

• momto2boys973
    February 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    I have the WW app and it has a huge list of restaurants and the points values for their meals, not to mention supermarket products. You have to be a member for that, though. With the booklet it is harder and yes, you have to cook.
    For me, it's the best and easiest diet because I can eat the foods I love. I don't have to give up carbs, or desserts, or even occasional junk foods. It's all a matter of planning
  • terpmama
    February 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I didn't do WW... I use myfitnesspal (iPhone ap and website)... It's just basic calorie counting. One thing I do is if I get a bag of something like grapes, I will measure out portions and either ziplock them or put them in Tupperware for quick grabbing. I also don't cook two meals, my family eats what I do (maybe different sized portions but same food). 

• colins_mom
    February 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    My whole house did ww. I failed at it because I couldn't figure it out and stopped going to meetings (that shit is expensive! )
  • grammarpolice
    February 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM

It's been hard - I'm in my second week of it. In the first week I lost 4.8 lbs. I didn't cook anything different than I usually do, but I measured out my portion & figured out the points. Changing my snacks was difficult. I am not in the habit of it yet - but it's something I have to do.

• Marimaru
    February 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM

You need to manage it for sure.  You aren't just popping out for a bite some place without looking into it, or you'll have blasted away all your points thinking you were being good.  I used the WW Online, and the app when I was on it before my last pregnancy.  I've been debating firing it up again, but for now I'm just exercising.

Exercise was always kind of a bust for me before I got a personal trainer.  If nothing else, it gives me appointments to be at the gym, which gets me there.  The workouts in between trainer sessions that I do help the trainer sessions be easier, which is a motivator.  It also helps that the gym has a kids club, so my daughter will nag me to go, too.  :D

• storkradio193
    February 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I don't find it that hard, but we eat at home most of the time and can track things easily.  I know how many points certain foods are at this point without looking things up.  It requires a few weeks of learning the system, but you can get the hang of it relatively quickly. 

WW gives you the flexibility of eating what you want, whereas many other diets give you only specific meals (like a shake).  It is easier just to pay for specific meals, but you lose the freedom.  Either way, any diet change is difficult.  Most of us are controlled by our cravings and it is hard to change behavior.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN