sweet.lil.mama.
men whohave higher testosterone have boys?
February 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM
My husband has a theory that men who have higher testosterone have boys and the men with less have girls. He has 5 boys. Not all mine. 2 with ex. But his dad had 4 boys. He thinks his brother will have a girl if he has a baby one day because he's skinny and doesn't have the muscles and broad shoulders he has. My dad was skinny and Tall and no shoulders too and he had me. So maybe its true lol

Replies

• pochaccotx
    February 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    My df has very very low T and we have 2 boys together
  • chaslee
    by chaslee
    February 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I don't think that is a true theory... my father is a huge, musclular man with really high T. (It has been tested.) and he fathered me.  I'm most certainly a girl.  LOL

• Schauseil
    February 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    um no. There are plenty of things that determine the sex, testosterone levels are not one of them.
  • JZB
    by JZB
    February 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    I'm going to have to say no on this
  • ILoveMyFam

My neighbor's husband just got diagnosed with low testosterone (after having the symptoms for a few years) and started medication treatment...he has 3 boys. 

• Aleta775
    He's wrong. It is the y chromosomes that determine sex. Testosterone has nothing to do with it.
  • wulfeyes05
    February 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM

My biological father was of average build, had two boys and two girls. My mom's biological father was tall and lanky and had a pretty even number of boys and girls. So far we have two boys. I heard that the diet of the mother while TTC can help determine the sex of the child. Lots of fruits and veges is supposed to make the likelihood of a girl higher because the sperm that carries female genes prefer a more acidic diet. So the less meat you eat the more likely you are to have a girl. It may or may not work.

• edelweiss23
    February 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    My husband is 5'8, skinny, narrow shoulders and we have a son.

My ex husband is 6'2 broad shouldered, a real mans man and we have 2 girls.
  • goddiddlyumshis
    February 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    we have 1 of each.
  • IAMmomtotrips
    February 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My DH is nothing but muscle and broad shoulders, a football player, and firefighter.  Despite all of these traits, he still have very low T and we have all girls.  SO just being muscular doesn't mean you have higher testoserone.

Our best friend has 3 boys and 2 girls (with one more on the way that is a girl) and he is small and not muscular at all.