The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ARClay
Cheese on airlines to/from Europe
by ARClay
February 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Does anyone know what the type of creamy cheese that they serve on airlines with the meals when you're traveling to or from Europe?  It's like a whitish cheese and soo yummy but I have no idea what kind it is! 

Replies

• Dawnzilla
    February 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Brie and fruit?

• frndlyfn
    February 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM

What airline did you fly?  It sounds like Brie.

• inspain
    by inspain
    February 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Probably Camembert or Brie.  That's what I always get on Virgin Air, when I order a vegetarian meal.  

Did it have a rind or was it sealed in foil?  

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Omni Air, World Airlines or Ryan Air.  Lol... Those are the 3 I've been on and I think they all served it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What airline did you fly?  It sounds like Brie.

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It didn't have a rind.  If I remember correctly I think it was in a little package.

Quoting inspain:

Probably Camembert or Brie.  That's what I always get on Virgin Air, when I order a vegetarian meal.  

• inspain
    by inspain
    February 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Sounds like a blended cheese.  Did it taste like a more upscale version of Laughing Cow?  

Quoting ARClay:

It didn't have a rind.  If I remember correctly I think it was in a little package.

Quoting inspain:

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I don't know that I've ever had Laughing Cow.  It was soft and I think it was in a package like something you would get an individual serving of jam or jelly in at a restaurant.  I could be wrong, it's been a while.  Thank you for responding regardless... I couldn't figure it out by googling.

Quoting inspain:

Sounds like a blended cheese.  Did it taste like a more upscale version of Laughing Cow?  

Quoting ARClay:

Quoting inspain:

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Thank you ladies for responding!  I guess I'll just have to start trying different kinds of cheese.  I love cheese, but I'm afraid to buy something I'm not familiar with because I hate wasting...

• CharlotteRose
    February 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I have never made it over seas before i have no idea LOL

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Only reason I have is bc of the military... so don't feel bad lol.

Quoting CharlotteRose:

I have never made it over seas before i have no idea LOL

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN