The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ARClay
Cheese on airlines to/from Europe
by ARClay
February 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Does anyone know what the type of creamy cheese that they serve on airlines with the meals when you're traveling to or from Europe?  It's like a whitish cheese and soo yummy but I have no idea what kind it is! 

Replies

• Dawnzilla
    February 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Brie and fruit?

• frndlyfn
    February 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM

What airline did you fly?  It sounds like Brie.

• inspain
    by inspain
    February 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Probably Camembert or Brie.  That's what I always get on Virgin Air, when I order a vegetarian meal.  

Did it have a rind or was it sealed in foil?  

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Omni Air, World Airlines or Ryan Air.  Lol... Those are the 3 I've been on and I think they all served it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What airline did you fly?  It sounds like Brie.

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It didn't have a rind.  If I remember correctly I think it was in a little package.

Quoting inspain:

Probably Camembert or Brie.  That's what I always get on Virgin Air, when I order a vegetarian meal.  

• inspain
    by inspain
    February 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Sounds like a blended cheese.  Did it taste like a more upscale version of Laughing Cow?  

Quoting ARClay:

It didn't have a rind.  If I remember correctly I think it was in a little package.

Quoting inspain:

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I don't know that I've ever had Laughing Cow.  It was soft and I think it was in a package like something you would get an individual serving of jam or jelly in at a restaurant.  I could be wrong, it's been a while.  Thank you for responding regardless... I couldn't figure it out by googling.

Quoting inspain:

Sounds like a blended cheese.  Did it taste like a more upscale version of Laughing Cow?  

Quoting ARClay:

Quoting inspain:

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Thank you ladies for responding!  I guess I'll just have to start trying different kinds of cheese.  I love cheese, but I'm afraid to buy something I'm not familiar with because I hate wasting...

• CharlotteRose
    February 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I have never made it over seas before i have no idea LOL

• ARClay
    by ARClay
    February 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Only reason I have is bc of the military... so don't feel bad lol.

Quoting CharlotteRose:

I have never made it over seas before i have no idea LOL

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts