The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Caitlinmari
Son not invited to his daycare party!!
February 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

OMG so I was scrolling through facebook all of a sudden I see some pictures tagged. I am friends with some of the other parents at daycare and friends with my sons daycare on facebook. It is an inhome daycare. The tagged pictures say Daycare Social 2013! We never got an invite to the daycare party. There is 11 kids that go to her daycare. I highly doubt she just forgot us. I think she purposely didnt invite us for some reason. She usually would invite us through facebook and invite me AND my husband. Neither of us got any invites. and then she would usually ask me when i would pick him up or through text or facebook if we are planning attending so she could get a count. She never mentioned it. She also never posted anything on facebook about it which is really bizarre. Makes me feel like she is trying to hide it. She usually has a social every year this time of year. After the party her and her boyfriend post a huge thank you and how much fun they had. This year I saw none of it unless she hid it from me and my husband. She usually has a book together which all the daycare kids fill out a few pages about them and pictures and at this party she kind of shows it off to all the families. We did the pages but didnt get to see the whole thing put together. Just really annoyed, hurt, and mad. My son is only 2 but how can you invite all the other kids and leave one out. Really just need to vent and hear what you other moms think.

Replies

• sarah824
    February 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Before jumping to any conclusions I would call her and ask her about it.

• frndlyfn
    February 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Could it be she thought everyone was invited but there was an oversight?   I would ask her about it though. Since he is 2, this hurts you more than him.  I would not even mention it to the little one.

• Caitlinmari
    February 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quoting sarah824:

I am thinking about asking her I really hate confrontations so I might just say nothing at all. It is just so weird cause she is so on top of it with everything very organized etc. And I have been to her daycare for almost 4 years now cause I have an older son and every year she does the facebook invite inviting me and my husband. So she could have accidentally forgotten to invite us both. And then always asks us again if we are coming to get a count but never mentioned anything.

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    February 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet, at least ask.

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    February 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

that is odd

• Caitlinmari
    February 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Could it be she thought everyone was invited but there was an oversight?   I would ask her about it though. Since he is 2, this hurts you more than him.  I would not even mention it to the little one.

Could be but how can you accidentally miss 2 people to invite on facebook cause she used to always invite me and my husband both. She is very organized and on top of it. She never even mentioned it at pick up or through text like she would in the past. I dont know but my son doesnt even know or care but I am very hurt because we have been there for 4 years now cause i have an older son. It is like if a teacher had a valentines day party but didnt invite one child in that class. Its just wrong.

• Mama2JoshKatie
    February 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Do you owe her money? lol I'm totally kidding. I wonder what's really going on, that is odd. I would just ask her what's going on.

• erinsmom1964
    February 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    Why is asking a question a confrontation? ASK

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting sarah824:

I am thinking about asking her I really hate confrontations so I might just say nothing at all. It is just so weird cause she is so on top of it with everything very organized etc. And I have been to her daycare for almost 4 years now cause I have an older son and every year she does the facebook invite inviting me and my husband. So she could have accidentally forgotten to invite us both. And then always asks us again if we are coming to get a count but never mentioned anything.

• Caitlinmari
    February 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

Do you owe her money? lol I'm totally kidding. I wonder what's really going on, that is odd. I would just ask her what's going on.

oh heres even better news my friend whos son used to go there is friends with her on facebook I said did she ever post anything on her facebook about it. and she said yesterday she posted a reminder which she copied and sent me it says Daycare families: Dont forget tomorrow is ice cream/pizza party at 6pm! No need to make dinner!.. I am friends with her on facebook and cant see it cause she HID THE STATUS FROM ME. I am beyond irritated.

• maritzalizzette
    February 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

hi ...that was very bad.....bad...your baby is part of the class/group and come on you are going to tell me that the other parents didnt notice that you guys weren't there....regardless that the baby is months she should had said something.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN